Translate

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 698 of Giving Thanks

There are many things in life that I truly enjoy, one is a great conversation and another is a good cup of coffee. Now, let me define “good” it can be a cup of coffee that I have at a local cafĂ© or one sitting at the counter at a diner. I am truly not a coffee snob. Coming from the restaurant business, and drinking coffee for all these years it has given me an appreciation for the ambiance, or lack thereof in some cases. I love character. A few weeks ago a friend and I had breakfast at a local, family restaurant, a place with a lot of character, and characters, including us.

With a coffee cup filled with that wonderful substance, held by this character, I thought of how many characters before me held the same cup, filled with the same substance. Profound, ehy?

It is truly God’s character that should shine through His children. now that is “a character” I am proud to be. My prayer is to see Jesus in my reflection; to hear His voice when I think; and to see people through the eyes of their creator. I have struggled with these through the years. And, as I ponder all of this so often, I am fortunate that God is using my life to teach me live my life for Him.

Today, I did not sit with friends directly and share a cup of coffee or have a live conversation, but as I sipped and enjoyed my coffee, I did enjoy a lively conversation or two. As usual, I learned, was stretched, received correction and many of God’s blessings through His word.

‎"Study and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial), a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [rightly handling and skillfully teaching] the Word of Truth." ~2 Timothy 2:15 (AMP)


"But in your hearts set Christ apart as holy [and acknowledge Him] as Lord. Always be ready to give a logical defense to anyone who asks you to account for the hope that is in you, but do it courteously and respectfully." 1 Peter 3:15 (AMP)

These two verses were shared with me earlier today. May I always study your word Lord and test what I experience. Let my heart always be set on Christ Jesus for that is where my hope is.

As my flesh fights the Spirit in me, and at times, I find that my old, deceived heart’s voice is too familiar. Many times, the old-familiar won out, today, the new standard is heard. Through prayer and petition for change, the new familiar is the louder of voices. Please forgive me LORD for seeing things through eyes of frustration rather than a heart of fascination. Help me to grow in wisdom and clarity toward You and Your plans for my life. Help me to always worship You with a life of gratitude through heart-felt, thought provoked action... and that I always know that this is where joy begins.


© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta                     
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me