Translate

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 717 of Giving Thanks

God rescued me plain and simple! He rescued me from death and darkness and emptiness. And, I have been received into the kingdom where the love of three encase and secure my eternity (Colossians 1:13). A love that has no boundaries, but is boundless - a love that completes everyone who chooses it – a love that is whole and complete.

Being thankful is a choice... I choose to be thankful and I discover so much to be thankful for in my life. Is it possible to be thankful for being thankful? This verse is prominently placed to the right of my monitor at work, “May God the Father and Jesus Christ, the Father's Son, give us grace, mercy, and peace; may they be ours in truth and love.” ~2 John 1:3 (Good News Translation)


Today my mind has been going since 6am this morning. It is now 16 hours later, and it still will not stop. In my day of “thinking”, I have had thoughts from planning to clearing to re-gearing to just being with Him, and that just about hits all the options, I would say. As I sit here, I earnestly and wholly come to the Lord. And, I reflect on a conversation, combined with my thoughts and the realization that God’s amazing gifts for me include tying things together for me when I bring the pile to Him. It may not happen today, tomorrow or next week, but He is faithful in showing me the way. One thought, “Everyone has the same access to God. No one is holier than the next.  We all have the robe of righteousness, the power of the Holy Spirit and an outpouring of His gifts according to His will and plans for our life.” Inspired by a life with God  (Jeremiah 29:11, 1 Corinthians 12, Job 29:14)


“He is also the one who told us about the love that God's Spirit has given you.” ~Colossians 1:8 (Contemporary English Version)

Now that is exciting. 

We all been given individuality and our own distinct personalities. God will direct me and when I listen to His instruction, I will grow. When I finally wrap my heart around all that He has given me and when I stop fighting through my circumstances, I will understand much.  When I use what He gave me, and I truly understand what He created me to be, He will show me the power in having Him. 

It is my job to grow in Christ to become more like Him and adhere to His desires for my life. And all this is done with Christ in me, and no other way.

This is what holds my heart when the loss of heart is a temptation. I have a helper with power beyond reason and comprehension... Love within, from God above and because of the cross - thank You Jesus!

"But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you." ~ John 14:26 (Amplified Bible)

Love in the name of Jesus.
Love through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Love because you are greatly loved.
Love, love, love, because what else has greater reward than loving those around us?
Love, even those who are unlovable - because really aren't we those people too?

“Christ was before all things. All things are held together by Him.” ~Colossians 1:17 (New Life Version)

And, to conclude, where I began. “God rescued us from the dark power of Satan and brought us into the kingdom of his dear Son, who forgives our sins and sets us free. Christ is exactly like God, who cannot be seen. He is the first-born Son, superior to all creation.
“Everything was created by him, everything in heaven and on earth, everything seen and unseen, including all forces and powers, and all rulers and authorities. All things were created by God's Son, and everything was made for him.
“God's Son was before all else, and by him everything is held together. He is the head of his body, which is the church. He is the very beginning, the first to be raised from death, so that he would be above all others.
God himself was pleased to live fully in his Son. And God was pleased for him to make peace by sacrificing his blood on the cross, so that all beings in heaven and on earth would be brought back to God. Colossians 1:13-20 (Contemporary English Version)


© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me