Translate

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 697 of Giving Thanks

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy." ~1 Peter 2:9-10 (NIV)
"…chosen people."

LISTEN!
"God's special possession…"
WOW!
"…called you out of darkness into His wonderful light."

HIS!
"... but now you are a people of God."

I am not a prosperity teacher and I am not a “claim it” and “receive it” type of gal, but I believe we are rich beyond measure. But we must align ourselves with God’s word.

Do you know that He desires us to know joy?
Do you know that He desires us to know who we are in Christ?
Do you know how much the creator of the universe loves you?

Now if we all really believed just those things, and lived by them, we would not want for anything. God has told us, we would be limitless in our abilities, because we would believe that He is the power in our lives (Philippians 4:13)

For in Scripture it says:
“See, I lay a stone in Zion,
a chosen and precious cornerstone,
and the one who trusts in him
will never be put to shame.”

Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe,

“The stone the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone,”
and,
“A stone that causes people to stumble
and a rock that makes them fall.

They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for.”" ~1 Peter 2:6-8


Long lasting joy comes only through Christ. Everything else is worldly. Is Jesus the cornerstone of Your heart as well? If He is, He will catch You when you stumble. If He truly is, you will stumble less and less as He is embedded deeply into you. Less of me Lord, ALL OF YOU (John 3:30). When He is everything for us, we will know joy in our lives. He will complete our joy.

I cannot effectively relay what I feel in my heart all the time. Today, as I sat before my King, I had the thoughts that I wrote above; I had the feeling as I wrote during the day, that I was relaying things perfectly. As I opened my heart and bared my soul, I knew that He was receiving my words, my heart… and as I prayed for clarity, wisdom and discernment today, I understood what He was sharing with me. Today through many scriptures, I was in His presence. There is one truth that is implanted deep in my heart, and that is that I am a grateful woman for all that He has done for me and all the gifts He continues to reveal for me.

“Serve one another with the particular gifts God has given each of you, as faithful dispensers of the magnificently varied grace of God. If any of you is a preacher then he should preach his message as from God. And in whatever way a man serves the Church he should do it recognizing the fact that God gives him his ability, so that God may be glorified in everything through Jesus Christ. To him belong praise and power for ever, amen!” ~1 Peter 4:10-11 (J.B. Phillips New Testament)

I believe the moment I was saved (the moment I accepted His amazing gift), I got “all of God” indwelling in me through the Holy Spirit… it is as I change that I begin to realize the greatness of what that means. He will give me gifts to equip me, according to His will and plans for my life.

“We plan the way we want to live, but only GOD makes us able to live it.” Proverbs 16:9 (The Message)


The truth is given to me through His word, and as I write and share what is on my heart, I know that my words are my opinion, based on my experiences and my own faith. You will have to make up your own mind and develop your own opinions. Your journey is your own. All that you decide and do is based on your own experiences and your choices of the past. If they could be better, change your perspective.

If you want change, it is up to you – sometimes a change of perspective allows you to decide differently and change how you do things moving forward. I have done this often.

One of the truths that was revealed to me is that I obey, because I love the LORD. The law showed how greatly we need/needed Him. My friends, we are not to view the law as dead or as “the old way”, but as a the way to show our solid faith in Him, the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives - not through our own effort, but through His work in us. I am reminded again, "Keep them and do them. For this will show how wise and understanding you are. The people who will hear all these Laws will say, ‘For sure this great nation is a wise and understanding people.’" ~Deuteronomy 4:6 (New Life Version)

Oh Lord, I thank You for giving me the opportunity to be righteous by Your blood and giving me the strength to show a life that reflects You in my life. Let my life be a light shining to the world. My continued prayer is that I obey with the strength of the Holy Spirit in me.

“Seeing it is God, that said, Light shall shine out of darkness, who shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." ~2 Corinthians 4:6 (American Standard Version)


© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta                  
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me