Translate

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 710 of Giving Thanks - Tina Wetor

Miracles never cease, yet so many people doubt their existence.   As I breathe, I am an example miracles do exist, I wasn’t expected to live twenty-four hours after birth.  With all of the medical complications, the doctors were not hopeful of a successful outcome.  A 3lb, 5oz baby arrived for a purpose-to bring glory to God.  If my life only brings glory to God, I still prove miracles never cease-He changed me.

The Bible isn’t another book upon a shelf; it’s the living Word of God.  Sadly, so many people only accept the miracles of Christ for the period of his earthly life.  Or the Book of Acts was only during the time of the disciples, it’s not for today.  So, they refuse to allow God the opportunity to move within their lives in powerful ways.  Why would God bless one generation with miracles, moves of the Spirit, or transform only one time-period?  HE WOULDN’T!   God is no respecter of persons, He doesn’t have favorites.  Yet, He is willing to move upon those who are desperately thirsty and hungry.  HOW HUNGRY ARE WE?  Can we allow God to move completely?  What if it’s different than what you have experienced?  Can you trust Him?

No Christian will disagree that salvation is God’s most precious gift-the cross of Jesus sealed this.  Nevertheless, I am captivated by the truth, God doesn’t change.  He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. (Hebrews 13:8) Will we be able to comprehend God’s way or thoughts? 

Isaiah 55:9, “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than you ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”

As massive as the ocean is, man can’t completely walk around it, swim across the world, or overcome it.  Yet, man has the opportunity to be amazed by its wonder.  Man can touch it, smell it, and swim in it.  Still one can be remember the experience of being near the ocean, memories always live but will it drive you to come back?  At this point in my life, I choose to believe in miracles, I believe in God.  Never can I grasp all of Him, but I choose to be astonished and amazed of the majesty of Him.  I want to keep coming back for more.

Recently, I did experience a miracle, my father asked me to pray for him.  Although I have prayed for his salvation for years, (he just got saved) it still astonished me the opportunity to lead him to Christ.  Yet, I am still astonished of this question, it’s strange to me BUT I love it.  It’s a precious moment; I have longed for-to share Christ.  My father was touched with my love for him through praying for him but he caught something else-my hunger.  He said, “I want to pray just like you.”  I replied, “You will dad, just keep praying and reading the Word.”  “He will draw you, just listen.”

Someone needs to know, God cares deeply.  Yes, the sickness is present and real.  But may I remind you, so IS GOD.  God hasn’t left you or rejected you.  What heartache is ripping your life apart?  God is close to the broken-hearted and longs to bind-up the wounds.  Worried about food on the table, God will provide because He cares for you.


© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Tina Westor            
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me