Translate

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 706 of Giving Thanks

How many times have I been told, “Watch what you speak into your life?”… and how many times, did I think, “Huh”? or “I know” (not really understanding). Have you ever been there?

It has taken me many years, and many times of watching my heart shatter right before my eyes; crash and splinter all over the place because of how I viewed my life. Did you know that perspective plays a huge role in where we end up? Honest, I promise to stop hurling questions, but bear with me…

‎"It is so easy to feel..." yet, so hard to let go of those feelings. Today, we ask that that the Holy Spirit intercede greatly as we continue this journey toward wholeness and complete restoration.

Thank You Father for using others so greatly in our lives to speak into our life, disciple us, be an example for us or correct us. Today, we come to You and praise You for all You have done. In Jesus’ name, we proclaim Your greatness, Your tenderness and Your love. Amen.

Today was a praise and worship, thankful and grace-filled day. It was a day that no matter what thought came into my head, I just thought of what an amazing and purposeful God I have (and you do too). My work today was very mundane, entering data, and during the day, I enjoyed worship song after worship song. I love music, and luckily, for my workmates, I did not sing, I just marveled in the music and my time with the Lord.

Thank You Lord for giving me the opportunity to tap my feet, raise my voice and feel the music. What an amazing gift. As I allow the praising of Your name penetrate all of me, I submit. Let me dwell and forget all of what is around me, even if just for a song. Let me know You deeper every day. Let me be Yours wholly and completely.

Listen God's children to the praise that is flooding the room. Let us raise our hands and dance for our king tonight. Awe, in His presence we will rest and rise… no matter what the occasion.

Broken? It is a time to praise and rejoice.
In pain? It is a time to praise and rejoice.
Anxious? It is a time to praise and rejoice.
Afraid? It is a time to praise and rejoice.
Lost? It is a time to praise and rejoice.
Hurting? It is a time to praise and rejoice.

“Rejoice in the Lord always; again I say Rejoice. Let your gentleness be known to everyone. The Lord is near. Do not worry about anything, but in everything and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be known to God.” ~Philippians 4:4-6 (NRSV)

We are-
FORGIVEN, ACCEPTED, LOVED, SAVED, HEALED, COMFORTED...

I have learned that waiting until I "feel" like forgiving someone is too late. I need to forgive in God's time... while remembering at all times, He forgave me for things I haven't even done yet.

The purpose of the Cross-and Jesus’ work was not so we stay stuck at saved... We are heaven bound and now collecting crowns. It is a time to make every moment, every smile, every encouraging word count... a time to make it all count.

It’s a time to be a witness to our household and show them what true joy and gratefulness is... a time to be a witness to those around us and shine the light that is brightly burning already inside.
... that is our mission

I believe today should be a celebration... May we all praise the Lord every moment of every day. 


© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta                  
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me