Translate

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 715 of Giving Thanks

There is unlimited power in a life with Jesus in control. And, today I sought after the power to remain grounded in who I am, in the effort subduing my displeasure. I am a “wear my heart on my sleeve type of person”, yet, I truly believe that I cannot be a good example when I am disgruntled. In my displeasure today, I did grumble and complain, not loudly, but deep in my heart and to a friend; it still amazed me that my flesh still wants to validate my hurt with others. When all I should do is give it completely to God, and let Him handle the hurt and distribution of the pain.

I know that God loves the love letters we bring to Him... signed not only with Xs and Os but with our heart's desires as well, and today my heart’s desire is to remove what is not useful in the King”s work and replace with what is pleasing to the King.

“Let be and be still, and know (recognize and understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth!

"The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our Refuge (our High Tower and Stronghold). Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!" ~Psalm 46:10-11 (Amplified Bible)

The only way for us to see that He is our refuge is by being still. It's amazing how that works, isn't it? Lord, help us seek Your presence today and every day.

I whispered these words several times today, “Lord through the Holy Spirit today, help me to be strong in You and overcome my circumstances. Let me know Your presence today. Let me eliminate the world around me, even if for moments at a time.” And, for many moments of the day, that is exactly what I did… He removed the world, and allowed me to dwell on His word. I also heard a great message that directed me to Psalm 46, which once again ministered to me greatly.

‎"All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness, in order that the person of God may be competent, equipped for every good work." ~2 Timothy 3:16-17 (Lexham English Bible)

He will give us what we need through the scripture and when we depend on the Holy Spirit's guidance when we read and dwell in His word. This is something He desires so greatly for us. Let us be in You Lord, as You are in us.

The only way for us to see that He is our refuge is by being still. It's amazing how that works, isn't it?

Lord, help me seek Your presence today and every day. Give me strength to remove the war that goes on in my mind, and allow me to be still, to rest and rejoice in all of You, my wonderful, awesome, forgiving and merciful God!

”Come, behold the works of the Lord, Who has wrought desolations and wonders in the earth.
“He makes wars to cease to the end of the earth; He breaks the bow into pieces and snaps the spear in two; He burns the chariots in the fire.
“Let be and be still, and know (recognize and understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth!” ~Psalm 46:8-10 (Amplified Bible)

God has given me an amazing gift, and that is being thankful and encouraging others... but the real secret here is knowing why I am thankful and that in itself will encourage me.
He died for me because He loved me first. He is coming back because He loves me always.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
My Strength In Jesus
Jesus' Power Is from God.
Jesus left us the Holy Spirit, who is GOD IN US.
in AWE so often. Thank you Jesus.

Let me shine Lord, but let it be YOU they see.

Jesus' Power Is from God.
Jesus left us the Holy Spirit, who is GOD IN US.
in AWE so often. Thank you Jesus.

Without tragedy, we would not know victory... the true tragedy is life without Jesus, and the true victory only comes through Jesus. Don't have a tragic life, embrace a life with hope -

- do you know Jesus? Is He where Your hope comes from?
I trust You LORD.
I thank You Jesus.
I depend on the unending strength and power of the Holy Spirit.
And, reverently, I seek You and adhere to You.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*

‎"Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death?"
WE ARE ALL IN need of a savior, no matter where we come from or who we are - our disease is the flesh...

"Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin." ~Romans 7:24-25 (NLT)
AND THE CURE IS JESUS, son of God, God in the flesh... our only hope.

‎"Jesus Teaches About Prayer
One time Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his followers said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray as John taught his followers."
Jesus said to them, "When you pray, say: 
"Father, may your name always be kept holy.
OUR FATHER, MIGHTY AND PRECIOUS GOD
"May your kingdom come. 
MAY WE BE EVER PRESENT WITH YOU.
"Give us the food we need for each day. 
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING WE RECEIVE.
"Forgive us for our sins, 
FOR EACH DOUBT, FEAR, LIE, HARMFUL ACTION OR ACTION AGAINST YOU OR OTHERS
"because we forgive everyone who has done wrong to us. And do not cause us to be tempted.' "" ~Luke 11:1-4 (NCV)
IN YOUR NAME JESUS WE PRAY FOR STRENGTH TO AVOID EVIL AND KEEP OUR HEARTS AND MINDS PURE OF INTENT AND EYES UPON YOU. AMEN.

Jesus says... 
"Teaching about Salt and Light
“You are the salt of the earth. But what good is salt if it has lost its flavor? Can you make it salty again? It will be thrown out and trampled underfoot as worthless.
“You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. " ~Matthew 5:13-15 (NLT)

Verse 16 has spoken into my life for years... it is one of my favorites. Let me shine Lord, but let it be YOU they see.

"In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father." ~Matthew 5:16 (New Living Translation)

Let my displeasure in my circumstances move to rejoicing in You and experiencing great pleasure because of the greatness of You LORD all along this journey from flesh to heaven.

© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me