Translate

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 713 of Giving Thanks

Sometimes I am just tired and weary and in great need of His rest and presence. I am learning that it is when my perspective could use some improvement that I am reminded that I can have the best perspective because I am God’s child and favored one.

‎"GOD is magnificent; he can never be praised enough. There are no boundaries to his greatness." ~Psalm 145:3 (The Message)

“The one who has the bride is the bridegroom. But the friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly because of the bridegroom’s voice. So this joy of mine is complete. It is necessary for that one to increase, but for me to decrease.
“The one who comes from above is over all. The one who is from the earth is from the earth and speaks from the earth; the one who comes from heaven is over all.” ~John 3:29-31 (Lexham English Bible)

Always remember that our perspective is not God's. Every circumstance has two views - one from fleshly eyes and the ONE from a heavenly perspective. We must be faithful in knowing that there is God's way to everything and trust that He has a plan.

Daniel understood this... "To these four young men God gave knowledge and understanding of all kinds of literature and learning. And Daniel could understand visions and dreams of all kinds."
"The king talked with them, and he found none equal to Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah; so they entered the king’s service. In every matter of wisdom and understanding about which the king questioned them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and enchanters in his whole kingdom" ~Daniel 1:7, 19-20 (New International Version)

Faithful is revealing. Being steadfast will bring truth to light. Daniel examples that to us. God will place us where we need to be and when we submit to His plans for our life, we meet Him and He shows Himself to us in the most amazing way.

"During the night the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a vision. Then Daniel praised the God of heaven and said:
“Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his. He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him. I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors: You have given me wisdom and power, you have made known to me what we asked of you, you have made known to us the dream of the king.” ~Daniel 2:19-23 (NIV)

We must give Him all the glory for what He does with us and through us. It is never us, it is all of Him. Again, "He must increase and I must decrease." ~John 3:30 (CEB)

“But Daniel resolved not to defile himself with the royal food and wine, and he asked the chief official for permission not to defile himself this way. Now God had caused the official to show favor and compassion to Daniel,” ~Daniel 1:8-9 (NIV). Let us always remember that it is Your children You show favor to when we seek to be Yours wholly.

Keep me, love me Lord... for You have saved me. Let my heart be ever set on Your grace and mercy, and moreover on who You are. Great, awesome, perfect, mighty, amazing, merciful, gracious God.

I am grateful for access to an amazing God, and the discovery of purpose – mine is sharing with others what I love about my life with God.

When we die to self, and live for HIM, lift truly begins.
My heart finds strength in His presence and I am groomed through struggle. Did you know that you have been made wonderfully and God has given you amazing gifts to fulfill a purpose and will continue to do so as you grow toward Him? And He will continually lift you? 

His love never fails.
His plans are always perfect.
He is the beginning and the end.
He is God."

It is time Lord, to let the day go... to begin rest and give You all that blessed my day, perplexed my heart, created pain or brought joy - my day is Yours Father, as is my life. Thank You for giving me so much to be grateful for... and with Your guidance and help to look forward to, especially today.

© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me