Translate

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 714 of Giving Thanks

There are days when my pleas to God, include “I need a miracle...” And, it continues, “Let me recognize You all around me. Let my heart and thoughts be completely toward You. Let me know that You've got this.”

And, what is “this”? This is all the stuff that pops up in my life, the unexpected obstacles, challenges, the things I wouldn’t necessarily choose in my life, but come across my path anyway. So, whatever “this” is, I know that God’s got it if I cannot handle it and He's got me when I need to handle it.

Today I am assured and comforted. In fact every morning, I wake up trusting that my day is completely covered, I am protected and He is just a “Hello God” away.

Today we had a friend of the ministry came in and check up on us… and he asked if he could read a chapter that he felt we needed to hear. Psalm 39 was exactly what I needed to hear today. And, here are a few verses that just hit home.

“Trust in the LORD and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you your heart’s desires.
“Commit everything you do to the LORD. Trust him, and he will help you. He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun.
”Be still in the presence of the LORD, and wait patiently for him to act.  Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes.” ~Psalm 39:3-7 (New Living Translation)

Hello God, you know my needs - I pray for Your will, and I pray that Your will match the desires You have placed so deep within my heart. For me the obstacles seem too many, the pain and exhaustion too much to bear today. Help me Lord to fulfill my obligations today and continue toward realizing my dream. Thank You Lord for the gifts of hope and joy – and the perfect placement of all things. Thank You for returning the "hello", with so much love and favor for me and my life, Your daughter. In Jesus' name I trust, and in the power of the Holy Spirit I submit to Your plans and all my steps. Amen. 

“The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the LORD holds them by the hand.” ~Psalm 37:23-24 (New Living Translation)

I am grateful for all my steps, the steps that firmly hit the ground as well as those that stumble. I am grateful for solid ground under my feet, arms that carry and catch, as well as the mighty hand that lifts me after a fall. Thank You Father, that no matter what step or stumble, I stand firmly which assures my heart and settles it toward hope.

“We also boast of our troubles, because we know that trouble produces endurance, endurance brings God's approval, and his approval creates hope. This hope does not disappoint us, for God has poured out his love into our hearts by means of the Holy Spirit, who is God's gift to us." ~Romans 5:3-5 (Good News Translation)


© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me