Translate

Friday, October 28, 2011

Day 720 of Giving Thanks

"I am learning,” is one of my favorite statements… I don’t ever want to believe that “I have arrived”, so again today, I use it again. I am learning is with every cycle, every lesson, every repeat of a behavior, I get better. God’s work in me and His word penetrate every part of me and I exude growth. Another favorite phrase is “I am encouraged!" 

When we accept the gift of Christ's blood, we have the opportunity to dwell in the living waters of His sacrifice 24/7. It is His blood that washes away all of our sin, impurities and failures. It is by His blood that gives us life eternal, refreshes and renews us daily, as well as equips us here on earth. I have guaranteed growth as long as I willingly participate in His plan and as long as I choose His way for my life.

I will fail, while knowing I am already the victor. I will become weary, while being restored un-endlessly. And, even in moments of doubt, I will persevere because He is my source for everything, my game plan and strategy and my everything. 

Prayer is not an activity I need to schedule, and it is something I can do all day – although I can “schedule prayer time. Prayer is an action I take to seek God, to be with Him... the more I pray, the more I will know Him. He tells us to "Call on Me".... (Jeremiah 33:3). He has promised, "Never will I leave or forsake you" (Hebrews 13:5). Every day, I received so many invitations to be with Him. And I know, He will always honor His word, and all my desires that are according to His will.

The awesome news is that His Word endures, regardless of the season. For through the seasons, we will see different things growing or dying around us, but we can be sure that all He provides us through His Spirit will last. God NEVER CHANGES through the seasons.

Whatever season of life you are in, He is there. His word, His presence, His promises - Thank You Father for all the preservation we received and the growth You give us through our life. We love You LORD. (Peter 1:24-25). I am learning that even though my perspective has changed dramatically through my thoughts, my life is forever altered, in an amazing way.

"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." ~2 Corinthians 10:5 (New International Version)

I am learning, every moment of despair is removed only with God’s interception through hope of Him being in us. Have you noticed that when the enemy attacks, and You are in the Word, captured by God and trusting a mighty God, that God speaks from every direction, He moves mountains to get your attention and gives you even more reasons to count Him trustworthy!

“For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide even to the end.” ~Psalm 48:14 (New International Version)

Yes, my LORD consumes me, as the fire around me closes in He washes away the impurities, failures and pain.

“Let us therefore, receiving a kingdom that is firm and stable and cannot be shaken, offer to God pleasing service and acceptable worship, with modesty and pious care and godly fear and awe;"
“For our God [is indeed] a consuming fire.” ~Hebrews 12:28-30 (Amplified Bible)


© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me