Translate

Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 708 of Giving Thanks

Encouragement often means doing something uncomfortable, or out of the norm. If you haven't encouraged someone today, it's time to create this habit... think about what you might need, as far as encouragement, pray and God will show you who to share that word with. It really works. My life is dramatically and drastically different than it once was. The thoughts that run through my mind now amaze me, and it has nothing to do with me, but it has everything to do with His work in me. Because there is life in my life and there is hope and joy because of His life’s work. I am encouraged every day through God’s word, and He truly has given me much to live for and hope in. 

My thought after listening to a teaching... isn't a wonderful thought that God is (my God, your God) absent from death... He will live and remain forever. And, He gives that to us through salvation. Jesus did not "die" as we know death. He did not have to die to self and allow God to lead, as He was already in perfect alignment with the Father's will and purpose. However the separation from God He experienced is most heart wrenching. He experienced every excruciating sensation that absence of God, once you have had God, exists. I believe for Him, this would have been worse than the wounds His flesh received before He was put on the cross.

I cry when I think of what He endured for me... 

“When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.” ~John 19:30 (NIV)

... and rejoice that He loves me so greatly.

“And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split.” ~Matthew 27:51 (English Standard Version)


Because of what He did, and my choice to believe it was for me, I am to STAND out from the world... let people see that you are different than others. And, today I remember grace toward others, as I am grateful for God’s grace in my life. He's got me moving toward Him constantly - inching some days, miles the next. Giving me life through life… giving me life with hope… giving me life and joy through life.

"You don't have to wait for the End. I am, right now, Resurrection and Life. The one who believes in me, even though he or she dies, will live. And everyone who lives believing in me does not ultimately die at all. Do you believe this?" ~John 11:25-26 (The Message)

And, I will repeat what I stated earlier, “And, He gives that to us through salvation”.  My life is complete and because of that,  there is nothing more I will need or will ever need – I have said this before, I am a fortunate and rich woman.


© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta                  
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me