Translate

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 707 of Giving Thanks

In a day that was uneventful and really quite dull, I had time to sit and think as I worked (grateful for this day). In my thinking, there was some praying, some praise and reflection. It seems to be a regular thing these days. Now, there were no revelations, no realizations of miracles or really anything of great notability. Yet, it was a great day. As I drove home, I had yet more time to ponder the things of God, my life and hope.

Every day I begin this process, not with a blank page, but an open heart and so much to be thankful for. Today, in my desire to give thanks appropriately, let me begin with this. Without God in my life, His grace and mercy for all occasions, thankfulness would be empty. But let’s go a little deeper. God is the only reason, the “who” of God, more than the “what” of God. For without the who the what would not be.

Our Father created everything visible and everything not visible. He created the heavens, the earth and all that is between and outside of them. He could have devised any plan or no plan for us to be with Him, yet, 
He, God, the creator, chose us. 


“He is the beginningHe is faithful 
He is trustworthy He is love
He is life
He is perfectHe is everything
He is the end
He is God
"Because He is who He is… I am encouraged. I will live out my life doing His work of encouraging others, all because, He is.
"Again, with with my eyes wide open and in proper focus I can truly see – what He does every day, while understanding of the magnitude of what He has already done, I live my life doing for Him because He loved me first, and loves me now.” ~Day 411 of Giving Thanks Daily


Your love LORD, straight to the heart and soul of me through Your word... Thank You... may I always thank You...

“For from him and through him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.” ~Romans 11:36 (New International Version)

So today, simply I want to dwell in Him, and know about Him more. And, to know Him more, I must be still and seek. To know, that every day is new and should be expectant. To know Him more, I must understand that He is love… tenderness… He defines everything. God is my everything. "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." ~Psalm 51:10  (New International Version)

”God's loyal love couldn't have run out, His merciful love couldn't have dried up. They're created new every morning. How great your faithfulness! I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over). He's all I've got left.” ~ Lamentations 3:22-24 (the Message)

Let me quiet my mind... let Your comfort settle me, my heart be still always.

I come to YOU knowing that it will all be ok. I am healed. I am forgiven. I am Yours. That is all I need to know today. And, You are who You are and that is great news.

DAY 411: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/2010/12/december-30th-day-411-of-giving-thanks.html

© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta                  
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me