Translate

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 744 of Giving Thanks

‎"I'm thanking You, God, from a full heart, I'm writing the book on Your wonders. I'm whistling, laughing, and jumping for joy; I'm singing Your song, High God." ~Psalm 9:1&2 (The Message)

Thanksgiving Day has incredible meaning nowadays. And, it isn’t “all about the turkey” and all the stuffing as it once was, although those are still things I enjoy. Nowadays, it is a time to remember that it is ‘this time of the year’ when God gave me the gift of understanding thanksgiving as a life necessity, not a holiday.

This necessity is one that He desires for us, and I chose for myself. This necessity allows me to understand God’s grace. This necessity has allowed me to grasp His mercy in so many areas of my life. This necessity lets me see His favor through growth and healing.

It was two years ago, November 3rd that I acted on a nudge from God. This was not the first time that nudge was delivered; it was a nudge that had been embedding deeper and deeper in my soul for years.  November 1st, 2009 I saw a status on Facebook; a challenge to give thanks for the month came from a friend. I honestly believed that I would run out of things to give thanks for in a few days. I began simply, and now I cannot imagine not giving thanks on a daily basis.

I personally invite you to hear this nudge as well, Giving Thanks Daily, is… Your journey to daily gratitude begins with your decision to find something good in every situation.

It is His Word and work in my life that I am most grateful for and all the amazing gifts He gives me every day and the miracles that I am now able to recognize in my life.



DAY 295 - There are many moving parts in my life right now, and I have things that I “feel” need to happen quickly, and I am trusting that it will all be handled. And, this morning, as confusion and anxiety fill my heart and mind. I stop and become very silent - seeking the presence of my Lord. I ask for a lifting in my heart, a clearing of my mind. For it is in His presence that I can release all these feelings that are not good.
http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/2010/09/september-2-nd-day-295-of-giving-thanks.html

DAY 432 - I am drenched in the fuel of the Holy Spirit. Jesus is the match... and God is the flame.
http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-432-of-giving-thanks.html

DAY 292 - God uses our life to display His works. And, I take that personally.
http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/2010/08/day-292-of-giving-thanks.html

DAY 478 - Every day as I embark on my day, I will ask myself, "am I living my life with fleshly responses? Or, am I allowing the Holy Spirit within me to dictate and guide my actions? To answer the direction? To fulfill my purpose through the power of a perfect and mighty God in me, is His will…
http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/2011/03/day-478-of-giving-thanks.html

I have heard many words, and so many of His Words are imprinted on my heart and embedded deeply in my soul, and it is my daily prayer that I will hold even more as He brings me toward perfection. 

‎"Be joyful always, pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." If you live like this, the rewards are tremendous." ~1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (New International Translation)

"Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." ~Philippians 3:13-14 (New International Version)


‎"Live your life with love, following the example of Christ, who loved us and gave himself for us. He was a sacrificial offering that smelled sweet to God." ~Ephesians 5:2 (Common English Bible)


“Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.” ~Jeremiah 33:3 (English Standard Version)


“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.” ~Matthew 7:7-8 (New International Version)

DAY 365 (year 1 complete) – I am richly blessed. http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/2010/11/november-11-th-day-365-of-giving-thanks.html

Lord, thank You for Your many gifts and the realization of my need for my savior, Jesus, the ultimate gift that was so amazingly extended to me, and my choice to accept it.  May every day be a day of thanksgiving!


© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me