Translate

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 726 of Giving Thanks

How do we move in the right direction? We grab onto to God and allow Him to lead! So Lord, I need You now more than ever. I have done what you asked – As You pour into me, I have poured my heart into Your work for me.

When I allow fear to stop me from doing God's will, I enable the enemy to gain ground. Today and every day, I say "no" to fear, and yes to what is already present in my life... Wow, say "yes" to what is already there. How easy is that? 

God's power is already in me through the Holy Spirit and allows me to STAND FIRM. “Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act courageously, be strong.” ~1 Corinthians 16:13 (Lexham English Bible)

So, yes Lord… to all You ask - and I trust that all the strength, courage and stamina I need is right here for the asking. Your will mighty God, Your direction I will follow.

“With this news, strengthen those who have tired hands, and encourage those who have weak knees. Say to those with fearful hearts, “Be strong, and do not fear, for your God is coming to destroy your enemies. He is coming to save you.” ~Isaiah 35:3-4 (New Living Translation)

OK God, I hear You.

Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." ~Isaiah 41:10 (New International Version)

Saying “yes” to God, all on my own, was not how things always went. In fact, there were many times, when I believed my way to be better, or I lacked the faith that God truly was with me. A million mistakes later, and much repair and restoration stemming from my own way, has given me amazing hope in the plans God has for me – it is amazing how that works.

"The Lord gives His people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace." ~Psalm 29:11 (New Living Translation)

There is nothing greater than the progression of YESes through faith - the yes to His gift and the yes to eternity with Him. I am truly grateful for all the YESes between and even the lessons from the NOs, as well.


© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me