Translate

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 747 of Giving Thanks Daily by Tina Wetor

When I can’t see through the situation, I have to trust God’s hand to lead me.  As children of God, we are promised the steps of the righteous are ordered by the Lord.  Yet, I admit at the moment, I am wondering if my feet are listening to God.  Life at the moment isn’t making sense, it feels really unpleasant or reminders of the difficulties of the past.  Again, I am working for this company, a place I totally hate.  It was only a few years ago, I was overjoyed the moment I left the doors vowing to myself never to return.   Again, I have to “prove” myself to upper staff of my capabilities for this position.  So, it’s very reassuring of God’s guidance in life with all of the mess ups, disappointments, and tests.

As the enemy's lies try to destroy my confidence or my self-worth with whispers, gossip, or slander.  I refer to the truth-I am highly favored and blessed of God.  As I look back on those dark years of my life, I learned some vital truths-God’s power will sustain me.  Regardless of what others say or do, God will never leave me.  Even through those darkest periods, God’s love still prevailed.  It was only through relying on the Lord, the darkest times didn’t prevail.  He is my strength, my song and my salvation!

Although others may have misgivings about my qualifications or experience, God sees potential in me.  God didn’t create me to be another body upon this earth to occupy space; He created me for a good purpose that’s prepared in advance for me.  So, although my job isn’t what I desire, God has great lessons ahead, new adventures, and people who I can touch with the love of God.  So instead of focusing on what I despise, I will focus on what I adore-My Savior.  It’s only when I work for Him, joy will enter my soul to show life’s worth more.  My worth isn’t built on what others say about me, it’s built on what God says, “I am a child of God.”

When the enemy’s lies surround me, I still have a choice whether to listen or resist.  Although an army surrounds me, I will not fear the tens of thousands drawn up against me on every side.  (Psalm 3:6) My God always promised to protect me, lead me, and will lift up my head.  When my heart is confident of the Lord’s love: I am impossible to stop, my purpose is clear, and nothing can defeat me.

© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Tina Wetor
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/notes/giving-thanks-daily/november-27th-day-477-of-giving-thanks/10150405196152809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me