Translate

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 733 of Giving Thanks

I was telling someone today that my writing has become an obsession, and really a need in my life. Not because of the actual writing, but because of what is revealed as I explore what God has for me today. I am compelled daily to know God more deeply, not the words, but His presence. It is not a command or an activity, it is His pleasure and I am rewarded through comfort and peace.

“May God the Father and Jesus Christ, the Father’s Son, give us grace, mercy and peace; may they be ours in truth and love.” ~2 John 1:3 (Good News Translation)

Does the Lord God know you deeply, completely and wholly? Often times I find myself trying to hide a hurt and sometimes even a victory – I ask myself, “Is this life real or is real waiting for me”?

Thank You Lord -You are breathtaking... and all I desire is to overflow with your goodness.

I am forever (eternally) grateful for the many God moments, God revelations and God lessons. He loves me, and has since before the beginning of time as I know it. He knows every part of me. I desire to be lost in moments with God, overwhelmed with His revelations for me and consumed with the lessons He has for me. I am devoted to see through His eyes all things.

It is when I see the brokenness of someone else that I can see myself in a new light. Seeing how far my God has brought the healing journey is almost like looking at someone else's life. At times, I can hardly remember what my heart held and felt. And, I revel, rejoice and repeat His praise for where I am going. The journey is long, painstaking at times, yet I am His and favored. It is when I see the brokenness of someone else that I can see their life in a new light as well, so I pray that they too will know the grace, tenderness and love of God also.

It is easy to lose focus and do the minimum sometimes... I am reminded of this as I take an extra minute here and there while at work... I have learned that we should always give more than what I am compensated for and more than what is expected... I am to stand out. Father thank you for reminding me that my time belongs to You, that I am to have integrity with all that I do, for I am representing You. "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as though you were working for the Lord and not for people. Remember that the Lord will give you as a reward what he has kept for his people. For Christ is the real Master you serve." ~Colossians 3:23-24 (Good News Translation)

My life is not mine, and every day I pray for even less of me for this life as I look forward to the day when all of me will be with Him in eternity. (John 3:30)

There is change through commitment and loyalty to His will and plan. Our very first commitment is to love God before loving anything else. We are to love Him with all of our heart, soul and mind. Love and honor God… (Matthew 22:37-38).

Knowing that many will follow then leave because they don’t know who He truly is and that there is nowhere else to go, “Lord, to whom would we go?” We recognize and know that Jesus is God, the “Holy One of God”. Our first priority is to love and honor God is all we do (John 6:66-69).

Loving one another just as He loves us. WOW… my favorite command, and second to loving and honoring God. “Your love for one another will prove that we are His disciples” (John 13:34-35).

Our third commitment is to serve the Lord by doing Christ’s work in the world. He is the vine, we are the branches, and when we are with Him we will produce fruit. Without Him we can do nothing (John 15:5).

Through all my trials, in the midst of every challenge and storm, I am upheld mightily in strength for I know that victory is already accomplished.

Be strong in the Lord, walk in His light... show His strength through every part of this journey.


"A psalm of David.
The Lord is my light and my salvation—
so why should I be afraid?
The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger,
so why should I tremble?" ~Psalm 27:1 (New Living Translation)
I am in His light where I go, I will not be afraid. I will not allow the world to take me away from You presence Lord. 


"Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." ~Isaiah 41:10 (New Living Translation)

“Pray that I will proclaim this message as clearly as I should.
“Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity. 6 Let your conversation be gracious and attractive[a] so that you will have the right response for everyone.” ~Colossians 4:4-7 (New Living Translation)

I am learning that speaking also includes how we "speak to ourselves". What we say under our breath, what marinades deep in our hearts, what is repeated... so learn to be edified through the Word... through His promises... through His work in you.

I have learned many great lessons - one is to speak truth trough love, encouragement, compassion and tenderness. Love people toward God. He desires us to love one another… let me always remember this.


© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me