Translate

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 739 of Giving Thanks

PRAYER
How did I “get here”? During a conversation today, that is a question and the only answer I knew was “Prayer”. And through some heart-felt moments I discovered something amazing and I am always in awe of how God brings my life to light through the words of others.

Many of us are very much alike. We fight against flesh and push when we should submit. And today, was yet another opportunity to share how God taught me how to pray. Do you know that your Father in heaven will keep drawing you closer and closer to Him?

This journey began with discovering my need for a savior and has moved to knowing that hope is abundant for those who revere and love the LORD. And, hope has only come through more faith, and more faith is only the result of prayer. I had to discover that prayer was more than an outline, more than requests to be filled, more than acceptance or rejection. Prayer is my life line, my direct line to God. There is no intermediary or anyone more powerful in prayer than me. I used to think that “others could pray better, they understood how to pray for me better, they were more experienced.

But what I know now, is God wants me. He wants to hear from me, teach me, draw me in and direct my steps. What I know is that mine are the best ears to hear His voice for me and I am grateful for this knowledge. Today, my life is a prayer because my heart belongs to Him. As I think about this, I am greatly encouraged. I am encouraged because I know that when a life is lived for Christ, it is a life that will encourage others, and really that is what it’s all about for me.

From Day 731 of Giving Thanks -

‎I continue daily to pray for strength... 
"Then Samson prayed to the Lord, “Sovereign Lord, remember me again. O God, please strengthen me just one more time. With one blow let me pay back the Philistines for the loss of my two eyes.” ~Judges 16:28 (New Living Translation)


"As soon as I pray, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength." ~Psalm 138:3 (New Living Translation)


"I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit." ~Ephesians 3:16 (New Living Translation)


"The Sovereign Lord is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights. (For the choir director: This prayer is to be accompanied by stringed instruments.)" ~Habakkuk 3:19 (New Living Translation)



© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me