Translate

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 735 of Giving Thanks

"For God's gifts and His call are irrevocable. [He never withdraws them when once they are given, and He does not change His mind about those to whom He gives His grace or to whom He sends His call.”~Romans 11:29 (Amplified Bible)

I am grateful to those who question what I write for this is how I get to learn, grow, correct and/or confirm. I am grateful for His Word, and I do realize how fortunate I am that it is readily available for me to read.

“I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who [a]infuses inner strength into me; I am [b]self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency].’ Philippians 4:13 (Amplified Bible)


I do not claim to be a “bible scholar” and I wholly love His word. My writing has been a definite adventure. I have an amazing God, who takes me, someone who never passed the college entrance exam, because I could not write, and now, I WRITE... you have no idea how that opens up God's word for me. The Lord confirms word after word, thought after thought through His Word for me. I absolutely love God with every part of me and I TRUST HIM WITH MY HEART – I am so grateful I know the difference between trusting in words (my words) and TRUSTING IN HEART (my heart).

It has taken me so long to recognize that God longs to hear from me. He is listening as I pour my heart out. He also loves to know that I know Him. He is waiting for all of us to tell Him what we love about Him, what we are grateful for and that you love Him too.

It's easy to begin. Start with, "Hello God, I love you..."


I know Lord that I am a sinner. I am grateful for the sacrifice and work of Jesus, which I accept. I pray daily to be Your light to the world Lord and that I will never deny You. I know You are coming again, and I want others to stand before You and not be ashamed, I pray for those who have yet to know You Lord. Thank You for living in me and giving me strength and power beyond comprehension with the Holy Spirit. I need You. I acknowledge You. I accept You. I love and adore You. I am grateful. (Inspired by 1 John 2)

“Let Your love, GOD, shape my life with salvation, exactly as You promised; Then I'll be able to stand up to mockery because I trusted Your Word. Don't ever deprive me of truth, not ever—Your commandments are what I depend on. Oh, I'll guard with my life what You've revealed to me, guard it now, guard it ever; And I'll stride freely through wide open spaces as I look for Your truth and Your wisdom; Then I'll tell the world what I find, speak out boldly in public, unembarrassed. I cherish Your commandments—oh, how I love them!—relishing every fragment of Your counsel.” ~Psalm 119:41-48 (The Message)

The enemy works through our thoughts not in the physical realm. It is when our thoughts are skewed that we physically manifest pain - don't allow the enemy to capture any part of your thoughts today. Hold all thoughts with God's presence today. Our warfare comes when we allow our thoughts to be swayed. Today my friends, hold every thought captive toward and in God.

“Let all bitterness and indignation and wrath (passion, rage, bad temper) and resentment (anger, animosity) and quarreling (brawling, clamor, contention) and slander (evil-speaking, abusive or blasphemous language) be banished from you, with all malice (spite, ill will, or baseness of any kind).
”And become useful and helpful and kind to one another, tenderhearted (compassionate, understanding, loving-hearted), forgiving one another [readily and freely], as God in Christ forgave you.” ~Ephesians 4:31-32 (Amplified Bible)


I believe it is our thoughts that start our down spirals. I am not saying that illness cannot be an attack of the enemy, I am saying that our thoughts will dictate how we view healing.

The physical is manifested through the actions of people. Most Christians today are not thinking and manifesting God's will for themselves because they are stuck in the past, in their hurts or whatever, and we really do ourselves a disservice by thinking that all that hits us is the enemy. Many times the enemy is long gone from our thoughts, but our habits are what keep us feeling stuck.

I will rejoice no matter what possessions are taken away because all I need is what He has already given and no enemy can take away. I will rejoice through any affliction for it is not here that is the reward, but eternity with my Father God.

Keeping my thoughts right, so I can rightly live.

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
“Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
“But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
“And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.” ~Philippians 2:5-8 (King James Version)


Friends, we must know who we belong to and that He promises that He will never leave or forsake us. No matter what the storm or attack, He is right here with us. Do not let this day complete without thanking Him for his protection… His presence. (Hebrews 13:5)




Just some of my thoughts to share.

© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me