Translate

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 737 of Giving Thanks

A lovely day Lord, thank You, however there are no beautiful words or amazing insights today, just a sincere feeling of gratitude for the day. Yet, as I reflect on the last couple days, I love to reflect on the words that pour from my heart.

Today, I hit the ground running, and ran all day. I did not get started with the deep and heart-filled moments with God until this evening. A lovely time Lord, thank You.

In 1 John 2, we are reminded that we are sinners in need of a savior - and that we are to live like Jesus did.

"Dear friends, I am not writing you a new command but an old one, which you have had since the beginning. This old command is the message you have heard. 8 Yet I am writing you a new command; its truth is seen in him and in you, because the darkness is passing and the true light is already shining." ~1 John 2:7-8 (New International Version)

Shine my friends, shine... and we can only do that with Jesus, He left with all the power and strength possible through the Holy Spirit. That is how we shine.


‎"Dear friends, if God loved us in this way, we also ought to love one another. No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God resides in us and his love is perfected in us." ~1 John 4:11-12 (Lexham English Bible)

I have opportunity after opportunity to share His love with others. As I start our day, or end my week, I can do a great honor to my God by sharing all the greatness of His love by loving others greatly...

I am excited about this, aren't you excited about this too?


“I give thanks to my God upon my every remembrance of you, always in my every prayer for all of you, making the prayer with joy, because of your participation in the gospel from the first day until now, convinced of this same thing, that the one who began a good work in you will finish it until the day of Christ Jesus…” ~Philippians 1:3-6 (Lexham English Bible)

... onward toward perfection.Thank You Jesus” are often, my only words. Let my life be honoring to You and thank You for covering when it is not. Thank You for loving me enough to start this work in me, and see me through to eternity. I LOVE YOU LORD.

“[Let go, relax] Cease striving and (A)know that I am God; I will be exalted among the [b]nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” The LORD of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our stronghold. 
Selah.” ~Psalm 46:10-11 (New American Standard Bible)

“Let be and be still, and know (recognize and understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth!
“The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our Refuge (our High Tower and Stronghold). Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!” ~ Psalm 46:10-11 (Amplified Bible)

Let us Lord bring to You the heartache, sorrow, uncertainty and pain in exchange for hope, love and certainty. We pray for those who You are waiting for to call to You. We pray that a decision for You happens today Lord, that there are no more delays or excuses. We pray for that one heart or many who are ready for You in their life. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen.

As I close out, I have some insights to share, that came the other day.


  • Do not underestimate the wisdom God will provide you with. If it comes to you, He'll equip you to accomplish it...
  • Do not underestimate the love God has for you. If love is all around you, or nowhere to be found, know that He will show you His love in many ways over and over. Know that His love is always found.
  • Do not underestimate the strength and power of God in you. And, never forget where that strength and power comes from.


A lovely day Lord. Thank You.
An amazing time with You all day... as I go to sleep, I know that you will be at work in the recesses of my mind and all the strength, all the healing, all the restoration and rest will be received. Thank You Father for a lovely day. For I know that my riches are not earthly treasures but Your teachings.

Tonight, I hit Your presence running into Your arms, for comfort, quiet and peace.

© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me