Translate

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

T.G.I.F. -Thank God I'm Fabulous- (testimony series) by Tina Johnson-Bale

T.G.I.F. Thank God I'm Fabulous
by Tina Johnson-Bale (TJB)

It’s Ok to be confident if you know where you confidence lies-
To consider thanking God for yourself might seem foreign to many, but think about how amazing YOU are for a moment. Take a careful look at the complexity of your hands and feet, your skin and hair, the complexity of your eyes or the sound of your voice! Even consider how every scar is there to point out how your body has been created to heal itself! If we were not designed this way, no Band-Aid or antibiotic would work.  It is humbling to think of how God is so powerful and mighty, yet took such care into fashioning us!

"When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?" ~Psalm 8:3-4 (New International Version)

It has taken me a very long time, but I can say that I like myself now. It has not been an easy road, as for most of us, but I am learning to appreciate me.

“T.G.I.F {Thank God I'm Fabulous}”, was written on a friend’s wall and I decided to embrace it because scripture back it up…

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~ Psalm 139:14 (New International Version) 

I continue to wage war against the images society has pinned as perfect. I have come from such a warped self-image. At one point in my life I can remember looking in the mirror and seeing myself as grotesque and obese. I was weighing in at 82 pounds and 22 pounds from my goal weight. How is that even possible? It is possible because the enemy was programming me through years of sexual abuse at the hand of adult men young and old who should have been protecting me. These key male figures were under the same yoke of bondage to their mind and living by the lust of their own flesh.

“The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.  
“We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.”  ~2 Corinthians 10:4-5 (New International Version)

We have an enemy of our souls and he will take hold of our mind if we let him and our grip on reality will be compromised. Do not be mistaken, he wants us dead.

Take those thoughts captive declare they are false and be in the Word of Truth which is God’s written word of the Bible. When we look into scripture we can see that God is glorified in us. We are His creation and when we are confident in Him and see ourselves through His eyes we can live to the potential He desires for us to. Just look at us, we are created in His image.

Thank YOU, Lord, for loving us and choosing each of us. You love and care enough to ensure we continue to be transformed into Your likeness. It is all YOU and you choose to bestow Your transforming grace upon us.

A little about Tina...
Tina lives in Western Canada with her husband and four children, two dogs and cat. She is currently studying toward her Bible degree through online resources while serving the Lord in her home and community in however she can. Her passion lies with helping others find freedom from bondage and learn to walk in the freedom of a life in Christ.



© 2011 All Rights Remain with the Author
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me