Translate

Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 730 of Giving Thanks

There are times in my life when I just know that change is required, and I pray today for the urging that is so deep in my heart will manifest into a desire to go after that change with unyielding passion and persistent zeal. It has truly been a long detour and I am ready for the right road. With my thoughts in order and God in charge of my life, I am on the road rightly traveled and I am excited.

As the thoughts run through my mind, I think this thought first, "Do I want this to stay or leave" with every thought? This one stays, this one goes, it is the only true way to hold the right thoughts captive and growing. Right thoughts are a habit, the habit of good thoughts - thoughts worth holding on to...

"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." ~2 Corinthians 10:5 (New International Version)

‎"Yes Lord"... how is it that those two words seem so difficult, and yet, He not only said "yes" to the cross for us, but He followed through. Integrity comes when we not only say what He desires to hear from us, but when we do what we say yes to.

‎Many times throughout my life, I have seen things from my broken, alienated, deceived and separated past. So, here is the question that I have learned to ask when my thoughts go the wrong way, “Do I believe God?” If I really do then it's time to believe Him for me. He is the repair, He desires relationship with me (with you). In Him the enemy's lies are exposed and demolished – I AM HIS CHILD - He tells me, “I will never desert you, and I will never abandon you.”  ~Hebrews 13:5 (Lexham English Bible)

As the thoughts run through your mind, I will choose what thoughts stay. Today and every day, I hold every thought captive, and keep every thought toward Him.



© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me