Translate

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day of 788 of Giving Thanks by Tina Wetor

Sometimes when I look back on my life, I am amazed how far God has brought me.  As a child who was completely withdrawn, quiet, and fearful I wouldn’t allow anyone to get to close.   It was too painful to be rejected again, so I would hide from the world.  Life is precious, too precious to hide from it.  Also, we will never experience the ability to love someone if we are alone.
   
Love changes everyone who encounters its riches, it changes your life.  Our greatest need is to be loved, to feel we belong, and accepted.  What’s so heartbreaking, so many people will go to dangerous extremes to be loved.  Whether it’s sex, drugs, or become a workaholic so many people are driven to find a place to belong.  If it wasn’t for God, I wouldn’t be here.  He hasn’t only changed my life; He placed a song in my heart.  My life truly has been transformed through the simplest truth -God loves me.  As I have expected this truth, I have learned my behaviors, beliefs, and life would be changed.
   
What we need to understand, God does love us.  Absolutely nothing will change this fact; we can rest assured of it.  Although God desires for us to be holy, so through His love we are changed from glory to glory.  We will be changed by God’s love; it’s most wonderful miracle of all because it heals.  God’s love can heal us; it can heal the deepest scars.  Pain isn’t pleasant to experience in life; it surfaces to make us recognize there is an issue to address. We can’t heal our souls if we don’t acknowledge the hurt, ignoring it will only prolong the problem.  When we ignore the problem, we either isolate ourselves or we lash out towards others.  We don’t want anyone to discover our pain, so we hide to avoid the shame.
   
As the pain surfaces with the nailed scared hands of Christ, we feel as if He hates us.  He is completely displeased with us, so we must suffer for our sinful nature.  We tell ourselves we deserve to be punished, so we get a very distorted image of who God really is.  It’s only through healing; we learn the pain didn’t destroy us.  One day, we will be able to walk in confidence of God’s love with our head held up.  On this beautiful day, we realize the scars didn’t keep us down, we overcome them.  We are more than a conquer through Christ; He paid it all for our freedom.  God’s love brings confidence, healing, and life.
   
Life is too precious to hide, I am going to dance.  I choose to laugh, smile, and love others so they can discover this simple but powerful truth-God loves them. Psalm 118:5-“In my anguish I cried to the Lord, and he answered me by setting me free.”


© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Tina Wetor
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me