Translate

Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 803 of Giving Thanks

Daily I realize how broken I truly am. How much I need His perfecting and repair; and how much I need His mercy and favor. Our biggest challenges drive from our thoughts.

Let us keep all of our thoughts captive toward Christ today.

Today, as I sat in the doctor’s office, once again, I heard more of the same, something that I suspected; and there is no need to digest, no need to process, for nothing has changed because of any confirmation.

It is nothing terminal, but we are all terminal. We will all die from this world. Now, this is not a fatalistic view, this is truth. At some point, our life here will end, and we will step into eternity. It will be death, no God or life, with God.


“Three times I called upon the Lord and besought [Him] about this and begged that it might depart from me;
“But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!
“So for the sake of Christ, I am well pleased and take pleasure in infirmities, insults, hardships, persecutions, perplexities and distresses; for when I am weak [in human strength], then am I [truly] strong (able, powerful in divine strength).”~2 Corinthians 12:8-10 (Amplified Bible)

I realize many truths in my life, yet if I focus on some truths, I could stop me completely in my tracks. So, today as I look at the facts and information, I know one thing for sure; it has never been “the findings” that defines me. It is a mighty and faithful God who defines me; who loves me and only does things to make me better, more appreciative, more loving, more pliable and more HIS and my relationship with Him - that will always be what defines me.

How do I become more of who He desires me to be? I LET GO of my ideals, and wait to discover His for me.

Perfection is something that I only "think" I know how to define, but it's nothing near what I can comprehend. When I "think" of perfection, the only word I can use to describe it is God (which is all inclusive of God the Father, God the Christ and God, the Holy Spirit).

Let me not look at earthly things to be perfect, but to God to be perfected. Let me not focus on circumstances, but on how I am defined by God that gives hope and thankfulness. Let me dwell on Him, and “just know” that what He has for me is the greatest of all things to be grateful for. Let me dwell on knowing His plans and will are perfect, even though I am not. 

‎"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him." ~Hebrews 11:6 (New International Version)

What is not seen is all the healing that has occurred in my life, and all the change that has taken hold. Thank You God.


©  2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me