Translate

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 799 of Giving Thanks

How do I write? That is a good question, and every day, the process is somewhat the same. During the day, I receive little tidbits, ideas, inspirations and comments. By the time it’s time to write, I grab all these words, place them on the page and amazingly enough, there is cohesion. Sometimes a story, sometimes a series of lessons and many times things that I need to tell myself as I grow more toward God. All I want every day is for my thoughts to be the thoughts from all the verses, songs, lessons and corrections I have learned in this walk.

So every day it is, “Good morning world... know this, I may live here, but my destiny is elsewhere. Every day my thoughts are to become closer to God, more like Christ in the hope of heaven. But I do have to live on earth, the key is dwelling in Him every opportunity I can, praying continually and praising for everything.”

The enemy will do all he can to keep me from hope, joy and moving forward, but he cannot be blamed for my lack of faith. This is mine ‘to own’ and ‘yours to own’. I choose to believe God. I choose to believe who God is. I choose to believe the work of Jesus, and through all of it, I get to know who Jesus is. I choose to trust in the strength of the Holy Spirit to be present every time I ask, as well as every time I need Him.

“With my lips have I declared and recounted all the ordinances of Your mouth.
“I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies as much as in all riches.
“I will meditate on Your precepts and have respect to Your ways [the paths of life marked out by Your law].
“I will delight myself in Your statutes; I will not forget Your word.
“Deal bountifully with Your servant, that I may live; and I will observe Your word [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying it].” ~Psalm 119:13-17 (Amplified Bible)

My friends, it's time to grow up! It’s time to grow up in faith. It's time for to make this move toward God. He's here for every moment, are you?

How do I love more than I am capable of loving? How do I forgive more than I am capable of forgiving? How do I give more than I am capable of giving? I am to be more like Christ, not in my power but in His through the living and perfecting power of the Holy Spirit in me (God in me). How can I fail?

“Make me understand the way of Your precepts; so shall I meditate on and talk of Your wondrous works.
“My life dissolves and weeps itself away for heaviness; raise me up and strengthen me according to [the promises of] Your word.
“Remove from me the way of falsehood and unfaithfulness [to You], and graciously impart Your law to me.
“I have chosen the way of truth and faithfulness; Your ordinances have I set before me.
“I cleave to Your testimonies; O Lord, put me not to shame!
“I will [not merely walk, but] run the way of Your commandments, when You give me a heart that is willing.
“Teach me, O Lord, the way of Your statutes, and I will keep it to the end [steadfastly].
“Give me understanding, that I may keep Your law; yes, I will observe it with my whole heart.
Make me go in the path of Your commandments, for in them do I delight.” ~Psalm 119:27-35 (Amplified Bible)


He has the best lessons from our circumstances.

Growth requires effort and purposefulness. Stability comes from staying in the Word. I must not fool myself, without God's instructions; I will be unprepared and haphazard.

How do I write? I write through His lessons, simply, through His work in me! And, quite truly I can write through eternity as long as I reside in this body, on this earth because there is so much to improve. The greatest gift though, is that He accepts me for me, and carries me through to who ‘me’ is supposed to be.

“Give me a helping hand, for I have chosen to follow your commandments. 
“O LORD, I have longed for your rescue, and your instructions are my delight. 
“Let me live so I can praise you, and may your regulations help me.” ~Psalm 119:173-175 (New Living Translation)




© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me