Translate

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 798 of Giving Thanks

Thank You for hearing me Lord. All praises for the work of the LORD God; with my hands Father, I will work for You, within my life, I will transform.

Thankfully, He hears every word of repentance, every muttering of need and every heart-felt plea for change; and my heart breaks because He also hears all my doubt, my fear and my contentions. LORD, help me realize all that You have for me, so I can realize all that I am for You.

A few days ago, someone I love said something to me that shed light on some of my flaws – things that definitely needing to be brought to the LORD – I realize that true exposure does not feel good, and often times the sting continues as the healing occurs. As I listened, I felt that “old desire” to be defensive, righteous and really wanted to fight back. But something deep within me settled in, listened and prayed through the entire oratory. Right there, as though a bright light was shining to the truth; I was exposed, right to the heart. I have learned, that getting to the truth is the greatest of rewards. He corrects me, and I am grateful.

“For you have been granted [the privilege] for Christ's sake not only to believe in (adhere to, rely on, and trust in) Him, but also to suffer in His behalf.” ~Philippians 1:29 (Amplified Bible)

Every day, make it your prayer as you go through the day. Remember to keep God in your thoughts, your focus. Every day, I will pray and pray and praise and praise. My prayers will not cease. My hope is intact, and my life is covered. (1 Thessalonians 5:17)

“For God is my witness how I long for and pursue you all with love, in the tender mercy of Christ Jesus [Himself]!
And this I pray: that your love may abound yet more and more and extend to its fullest development in knowledge and all keen insight [that your love may display itself in greater depth of acquaintance and more comprehensive discernment],
“So that you may surely learn to sense what is vital, and approve and prize what is excellent and of real value [recognizing the highest and the best, and distinguishing the moral differences], and that you may be untainted and pure and unerring and blameless [so that with hearts sincere and certain and unsullied, you may approach] the day of Christ [not stumbling nor causing others to stumble].
May you abound in and be filled with the fruits of righteousness (of right standing with God and right doing) which come through Jesus Christ (the Anointed One), to the honor and praise of God [that His glory may be both manifested and recognized].” ~Philippians 1:9-11 (Amplified Bible)

The New International Version of the same verse says, And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ,  filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.

And this my prayer…” so, you may wonder what happened after the light was shed on my flaws – well, it’s all in God’s hands and and my heart-felt desire to change.



© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me