Translate

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day 810 of Giving Thanks

I have days that I just want to pull the covers over my head and hide or start over. And, sometimes it’s a moment in the day that ‘feel’ that way. I allowed that to happen yesterday, and I didn’t pull anything over my head and I didn’t hide, but today I start over. There are times when shutting my mouth are appropriate, yet, I have not figured that out yet. Put the past behind me, start fresh and make it a new day; and this works for the moment following this one. 

Lord, help me remove the memory of things said from my mouth that are harmful, as well as the thoughts that do not give life; let me speak in kindness, gentleness and truth, not just to others, but to me as well. Let me ground my thoughts in the things that will edify You today. As I reflect, let me relay Your love, rather than the condemnation that so easily hits the heart and tries so desperately to take up residency where it and does not belong. Let me see Your greatness that You deliver to my life; let me reflect You and deflect all that comes from the enemy. Let me hear the wise words from those who speak, and eliminate the words that are placed as distracting filler to keep me in that place of despair. Father, help me be forgiving, yet receptive; help me to be honest in the changes I need, yet not defeat the changes You have already orchestrated and produced through repeated sabotage. It is in Your strength Lord that I greatly count on daily and in all my moments, whether I acknowledge it or not, whether I see it or not; let it be recognized deeply within me. It is through You that I am encouraged and edified, it is You who I seek in all times, good and bad. And, today, once again, I am grateful for the perfect love from You. I pray that my words today are well received, those written and those spoken. Let it be through understanding love from Your perspective and keeping the love from You at the forefront. All things, Lord Jesus, can only be brought through You and I trust the perfect delivery of my heart’s cries today. Thank You Jesus for the Holy Spirit’s power and strength. Amen.

Yesterday, 1 Corinthians 13 was a steady theme, over and over… it is the perfect love of God the Father, Jesus my savior and the Holy Spirit my help in all times.

“1 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
“8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
“13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” ~1 Corinthians (New International Version)



© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me