Translate

Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 797 of Giving Thanks

I just took a huge leap of faith today. Beginning something that I believe I was just released to do. LORD, thank You for making me wait; thank You for the signs to move and peace to move confidently toward the next phase of this journey... new direction, can't wait to see.


‘So be subject to God. Resist the devil [stand firm against him], and he will flee from you." ~James 4:7 (Amplified Bible)

I am a ‘take charge’ kind of person. I see a need, I just work to fill it. And, this has worked fairly well through most of my life. But the exception to this comes when it’s not my job to get the need filled and I need to let God do it. That recently happened when I made the decision to make a move because I wanted to do it, not because I was being led to do it.

Less of me LORD, less of me. “He must become greater; I must become less.” ~John 3:30 (New International Version) I am learning to look now and wait to see; wait to see what God has for me; wait to see who God puts before me; wait on God (period)! I am learning to listen to "me" is like getting direction directly from the enemy. Why? Because I am unreliable on my own. I am only great and powerful with the Holy Spirit. And, frankly, that is good enough for me, because Jesus is more than everything I need - more of You LORD, more of You.

The other day as I completed my prayer time and pleading to the LORD to release me from this one thing (a big thing, I might add). I have felt captive by this desire, and although it may not be an instant ‘fix’ but I do know it is already fixed. I am just waiting to realize it. One confirmation – wait; two confirmation – still wait; three confirmation – go with God.

There are really no new words under the sun to describe what amazing things our God is for us, however, we can share all of His words and our words, and new responses can be accomplished as the Holy Spirit works in hearts.

How great is our God?
How great is our God!

As a child, my passion was gymnastics – it wasn’t just what I did, it was “what I was”. And, although I was very competitive, I fought constantly with myself when I came up against a friend. I remember saying, she “needs” this more than I do – and there were a few times that giving up my edge allowed someone else to get into the game. But in retrospect, I really did nothing for either one of us. It allowed me to do less than I could – often times, decreasing the expectation of myself. It gave that other gymnast a unfair and undesired disadvantage in the long run. I tried to be in control so much of my life, to “make people” like me – and what I have learned, that control and controlling actually dishonors me. Every day I pray to let God's control be harnessed in my life.

God has told me "just wait, on..." on many occasions, and I am learning to honor that. Every day my thoughts are…

Choose well today.
Choose to take that leap of faith .
Choose to be still and quiet, and listen.
Choose to improve that relationship.
Choose to forgive an unforgivable act.
Choose to love someone who is unlovable
Choose to risk it all on Jesus..

Why? Because He did much more for you.

Today, might be the day you decide to make peace with those thoughts that hold you in struggle, that keep you captive in the past or unable to forgive. Today might be the day that peace enters your heart and you can truly sing, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.", in honesty.

Peace is internal realization, not an external expectation. (Luke 2:14) Today, I have peace to move when He tells me, and peace when I am to wait. It all comes down to trust; TRUSTING GOD, not me.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding
Bible verse on trust in the Lord with all your heart
Isaiah 26:4 NIV Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal.
Bible verses for trust in the Lord
Psalm 37:3 NIV Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Bible verses on trusting in the Lord
Jeremiah 17:7 NIV But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.


© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me