Translate

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 782 of Giving Thanks by Tina Wetor

Although a year has passed, life still is present.  Life is so precious; it’s worth all of the moments we can experience whether good or bad.   Although time changes, God’s faithfulness doesn’t.  At the close of this year, I have been completely walking towards the prize, my passion for being.  When God personally directs your steps, it’s reassuring of His plan for your life.  Yet, I admit at times, I get very afraid of the vision of God’s plan.  Can I really do this?  Can I go forward with what He desires?  What if I mess up?  Or hurt the name of Christ?  All of these questions plaque my heart, so it gives the enemy opportunity to stop me.   Yet, the Word of God burns within me, I can’t stop.  I can’t allow the enemy to prevent me from sharing the Gospel; it’s what this world desperately needs.
   
We can’t embrace the future with hope if fear holds the keys.  If fear holds us back, we will never see the breathtaking view of the mountains.  Life has some precious opportunities; we just have to be confident in God to walk in them.  Faith is an unshakeable confidence that God will do what He said.  Life is going to test your faith; Satan will bring those opportunities to try to destroy it.  I am going to let you in on a secret, he can’t.  Our faith overcomes it all, even the enemy.  So, relax.  We can embrace this New Year with great expectation of overcoming anything.  If we are to overcome fear, we must realize this doesn’t come from God.  Life will bring moments of anxiety; the key is to pray through it.  It’s only when our hearts and minds rest in God’s Word, we will have the peace to sustain whatever life brings.  We are to be anxious for nothing but to pray about everything.  Whatever life brings, God is already aware of it.  It may blindside me but God has me covered.  If this doesn’t comfort the heart, I don’t know what will.
   
As I started to reflect on the Word, I was reminded of a story of a great man of God who died.  He was very humble, walked with God, and assisted so many people.  All of the people respected this man of God, he was a holy man.  Yet, who would want to fill his shoes?  Besides leading the children of Israel out of Egypt, he wrote the first five books of the Bible, was instructed to write the Ten Commandments.  Also, Moses instructed Joshua how to lead the people after his death.  Wow, if that’s not a pressure cooker!  Joshua is to lead the children of Israel to the Promised Land.  It wasn’t Moses who got to lead them, it was Joshua.
   
Millions of people are dependent upon you to follow the leadership of Moses and God’s direction.  Do you think Joshua was fearful some?  If so, it was a natural.  Whenever we walk in faith, we will swallow our Adam’s apple.  We will be completely out of our element, it’s uncomfortable.  It’s only if we are willing to follow the lesson found in Joshua 1:5-10, we overcome fear.   We must be willing to trust God’s instruction, realize He is with us, and be strong and courageous.  Although Joshua was afraid God calmed His fear with encouragement, He didn’t instruct once but twice. (Joshua 1:6; 9) So, what's troubling your heart?  Whatever this year holds, God is prepared.  It’s time to prepare myself for success by staying near His face, keep my heart meditating on the Word and refusing to allow fear to come.  Cast all the anxiety down, it’s time to climb the mountain top-God has given us a spectacular view.  Don’t let fear hold you back, life has some wonderful adventures.    
     
Joshua 1:5, "No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life.  As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you or forsake you."

© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Tina Wetor
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me