Translate

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 784 of Giving Thanks

A beautiful day turns into an amazing evening transforming me into more about You LORD. Thank You for showing me so much of You today. For shining Your light where it needed to be. Thank You Father for giving me life to live in amazing ways, in ways that are according to Your will and toward Your purpose.

It has been quite a while since I have had an opportunity to sit in a quiet spot and just read page after page of God’s Word. I am in God’s Word often during the day, but being absorbed and submerged has been difficult these past few weeks.

I have had a headache for 3 weeks, and though I would rather not have one, I have had an opportunity to do things a little differently. Reading has been a chore, so listening to my chapters of His Word has been a blessing. My attention span has been quite short, so spurts of His Word has been more the norm for these weeks. I will be settling in with a few chapters soon. I love Isaiah, of course Psalms... and waiting to see where God will lead me tonight.

“And if you pour out that with which you sustain your own life for the hungry and satisfy the need of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in darkness, and your obscurity and gloom become like the noonday.
“And the Lord shall guide you continually and satisfy you in drought and in dry places and make strong your bones. And you shall be like a watered garden and like a spring of water whose waters fail not.
“And your ancient ruins shall be rebuilt; you shall raise up the foundations of [buildings that have laid waste for] many generations; and you shall be called Repairer of the Breach, Restorer of Streets to Dwell In.
“If you turn away your foot from [traveling unduly on] the Sabbath, from doing your own pleasure on My holy day, and call the Sabbath a [spiritual] delight, the holy day of the Lord honorable, and honor Him and it, not going your own way or seeking or finding your own pleasure or speaking with your own [idle] words,
“Then will you delight yourself in the Lord, and I will make you to ride on the high places of the earth, and I will feed you with the heritage [promised for you] of Jacob your father; for the mouth of the Lord has spoken it.” ~Isaiah 58:10-14 (Amplified Bible)

We all come from somewhere, sometimes it's difficult to believe our past, other times it's way to clear in our minds and there are times when we'd like to wipe the memory clear. No matter where you've been, Jesus' work on the cross handled it all. Just remember what He did for you in every moment, and know that He's got it covered. Believe Him, clear your mind of the harmful thoughts and fill your heart, mind and life with His word.

Just a thought.

“He has told you, human one, what is good and what the LORD requires from you: to do justice, embrace faithful love, and walk humbly with your God.” ~Micah 6:8 (Common English Bible)

It is an honor to act justly, wouldn't you agree?

“Examine me, O God, and know my mind; test me, and discover my thoughts. Find out if there is any evil in me and guide me in the everlasting way.” ~Psalm 139:23-24 (Good News Translation)


© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me