Translate

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 787 Giving Thanks

There is evil and evil doing all around us and that wants us to join in. Without the Holy Spirit, we too are evil, not having the ability to see God, worship Him or know His ways. Lord we pray for strength to come to You. We pray for courage to let go of our worldly ways, and come wholly and completely into You presence, to trust Your way, seek and live the truth. Knowing Your truth comes through reading, living and sharing the Word in the strength of the Holy Spirit I want to do this LORD, I want to be Yours wholly and completely. Let me find what You desire for me. Let me hear all that You have. Let me live as You planned for me. Amen.

"Hear this, all you peoples; listen, all who live in this world, both low and high, rich and poor alike: My mouth will speak words of wisdom; the meditation of my heart will give you understanding. I will turn my ear to a proverb; with the harp I will expound my riddle:" Psalm 49:1-4 (New International Version)

LORD, reveal to us, what we are adding to our faith, that was added by man for convenience.

It's time to be renewed in faith. Take Him at His word - trust that His word alone is enough. Lord, I pray for discernment today. I pray that all through my day, I will be directed perfectly by the Holy Spirit and that my flesh will follow. I pray that as I go right or left, it is Your voice that I hear for the right turn. I pray for strength to do "right" as You bring me through toward perfection. Let it be a day of prayer and seeking in Jesus' name. Amen.

LORD, I want to move on... I seem to keep working on the same issues and challenges. Please help me with getting over this one. My heart breaks every time I have to deal with it. Show me what to do, let me see how to handle it so I can move past it.

So, what is the lesson? I have to remember that I see someone else's life in pieces or snapshots of its entirety and can jump to the wrong conclusions in an instant. I cannot see the entire picture... when I am prompted to judge them or even their circumstances, I must stop. Lord, help me with this for it is so easy to pass judgment and so hard to stop. We are on our own "God journey" and see things so differently. Let us revel in our uniqueness and love through our sameness.

I am really stuck in Romans 14 this week... Anyone else want to join me here? “So then, let us pursue what promotes peace and what edifies one another. Do not destroy the work of God on account of food. All things are clean, but it is wrong for the person who eats and stumbles in the process. It is good not to eat meat or to drink wine or to do anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is weakened. The faith that you have, have with respect to yourself before God. “Blessed is the one who does not pass judgment on himself by what he approves. But the one who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not do so from faith, and everything that is not from faith is sin.”  ~Romans 14:19-23 (Lexham English Bible)

Every day we are confronted with people, comments, challenges, issues and things we don’t like, both by the world and our brothers and sisters in Christ… Love is the most important thing, and what I have seen (personal experience) is that the more we complain and contemplate how things should be, the more we see wrong. And, the more we see wrong, the more we become disheartened.

“This is a test”, popped up on my screen, and I thought, “Everything is a test”. Help me LORD, do what is right, let me treat others rightly, in love and kindness.

I am learning that I have to be the change, not just the critic. We are the church. We are the children of God. We are the change with the power and strength of the Holy Spirit.

I pray I will change every day.

Lord, there is much I want to change, much I want to learn and much that I am blessed with. And, there is so much that I want to know about You. Thank You that through who I am with You, all is possible, I will change much, learn much, be blessed much and see You much in my life.

“But as it is written: ‘Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love him’. But God has, through the Spirit, let us share his secret.
“For nothing is hidden from the Spirit, not even the deep wisdom of God. For who could really understand a man’s inmost thoughts except the spirit of the man himself? How much less could anyone understand the thoughts of God except the very Spirit of God? And the marvelous thing is this, that we now receive not the spirit of the world but the Spirit of God himself, so that we can actually understand something of God’s generosity towards us.” ~1 Corinthians 2:9 J.B. (Phillips New Testament)

Yesterday was a revealing study. Let it be revealing every day LORD, let the revelations of You be the change in all of us.

Church, that's us... let us keep alert, pray and praise through all our circumstances, let us hear Him, seek truth, dismiss false teachings and ask for discernment to know His truth. This we will know through the work of the Holy Spirit within us. Church, that's us... let us hear.

"Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one who is victorious will not be hurt at all by the second death." ~Revelation 2:7 (New International Version)

"Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give that person a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to the one who receives it." ~Revelation 2:17 (New International Version)

"To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations— that one ‘will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery’—just as I have received authority from my Father. I will also give that one the morning star. Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches." ~Revelation 2:26-29 (New International Version)


Church, that's us, persevere, be diligent in your faith, seeking the truth and pray without ceasing in all things.

As I read this today, I thought of the virgins and the lamp oil. How many will not be prepared, sleeping, following the wrong "thing" at the time He comes?

"The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps." ~Matthew 25:4 (New International Version)

“But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.
“Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’
 “But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’
“Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour." ~Matthew 25:10-13 (New International Version)



© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me