Translate

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 783 of Giving Thanks

I was just sitting here thinking about my social media beginnings. It wasn't long after I got online that I found a few friends, then a few more and a few more. God uses relationship and connect to help me grow in faith. I have had more growth with online ministry than all my years in church. But with that said, I now 'get" church, whereas I did not before. God will meet you where you are because He desires you to meet Him everywhere.

Most of the things I have learned, and take to heart revolve around relationships with others, for this I am extremely grateful. One is to let everyone be convinced of His own beliefs… and to let me grow through the Word and the unique lessons that I live through.

Faith grows when I allow God to work; and allow God to shine on it. I may not always see His work, but I can trust that He is at work always. “Faith is the reality of what we hope for, the proof of what we don’t see.” ~Hebrews 11:1 (Common English Bible)

Faith grows with more faith. So, let me tell you about my faith... it all rests in Jesus, who did all and everything that could not do, and can never do, BUT He did it all for me and you.

I must love others, while knowing that I will not agree with everything that everyone else says. That my convictions may be mine alone, and theirs as well. Let me stay focused on what will allow others to grow, and that which will not, be kept to myself. Let me focus on the things that draw us together. That which is You, Lord Jesus. Reading through Romans 14 today, I realize that there is much that I pass judgment on. And, I pray that I can live in a manner that allows grace to be perceived. Let me see past the words, and through to the lessons, every time.

“Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a person to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother or sister to fall.
“So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves. But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.” ~Romans 14:19-23 (New International Version)

You never know who's watching or listening, but we always know that God is watching and listening. Brothers and sisters, we are to love one another. Encourage one another. And, it's ok to disagree on things, just don't make those things separate us. Your convictions are yours, as are their convictions. Let God deal with them... Love, love, love....

“I give you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, so you also must love each other. This is how everyone will know that you are my disciples, when you love each other.” ~John 13:34-35 (Common English Bible)

LORD, THANK YOU for knowing what I need every time. Thank You that I am growing up, that I can form my own convictions, based on what I learn from You. Let me always run to the Word, depend on the power and strength of the Holy Spirit for all things. Let me do things and request Your presence through all my days, every moment in the name of Jesus. Let it be You, only You that I choose to live rightly. Thank You for grace received and grace to give. Amen.


© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me