Translate

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 804 of Giving Thanks

My life is not at all what I expected, and today I am more expectant of amazing things than ever before.  As I pray each day, I ask for a discerning Spirit, and yet I know that what I sense, may not be what someone else senses. My convictions will be different, my thoughts are different and the way I process will be different than everyone else. It’s because we are all unique and have all had different paths to lead us to this very moment.

We all have people that rub us the wrong way and those who seem to go against our own belief construct but are they wrong, or just different? Let us show grace abundantly, not just when convenient, but out of habit.

Embrace our differences. Love the challenge of accepting variety. For that is what makes us one - we all fit together, God has the blueprint of how we all fit, and who are we to question who He creates?

“You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. It is written:
   “‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, 
‘every knee will bow before me; 
   every tongue will acknowledge God.’” 
"So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.” ~Romans 14:10-12 (New International Version)

We do have free will, and the ability to choose what we do, let us concentrate on our own stuff, and let the stuff of others be between them and God.

I expect to change and to grow, how about you? 

Focus on God, and count on the guide of the Holy Spirit, dive into His Word and thank Jesus for the process. Let the Holy Spirit be the change in us. Let us see the good in others efforts, let us be the encouragement for those that others do not encourage.

We are called to love the unlovable, and knowing that I am one of the unlovables, make it even more real. Is it easy? Not at all. Is it enjoyable? Well, that all depends on where you receive joy and satisfaction. Love the unlovable in the strength of the Holy Spirit. Ask that you love and reciprocation of that love be fulfilled by the love that God has for you. Let it be an act of love, no ties, no expectations, just the love of Christ flowing out to those, or even that someone, who needs love so greatly, yet does not know how to love you back. This is not a suggestion or just “nice” words, it is a command Jesus left us with.

“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” ~John 13:34-35 (English Standard Version)

Love One Another

“For this is the message that you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.” ~1 John 3:11 (English Standard Version)

If you are teaching, discipling or otherwise sharing God’s Word, by all means, I am talking to you, not to judge, but to inform. We are not to make others stumble because we cannot “get it together”, meaning, be united in our love for one another. We do not have to agree on all points, but we must not be a hindrance or obstacle to those looking at us as an example of faith.

I am grateful for all those with differing opinions and viewpoints today. I expect to learn and grow from my daily experiences and exposure to others.



©  2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me