Translate

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 791 of Giving Thanks

LORD, I want to move on... I seem to keep working on the same issues and challenges. Please help me with getting over this one. My heart breaks every time I have to deal with it. Show me what to do, let me see how to handle it so I can move past it.

“[Earthly and heavenly treasures] “Stop collecting treasures for your own benefit on earth, where moth and rust eat them and where thieves break in and steal them. Instead, collect treasures for yourselves in heaven, where moth and rust don’t eat them and where thieves don’t break in and steal them. Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6:19-21 (Common English Bible)

What earthly possessions have become our idols, was less of a questions for me. For me, it was more of the earthly emotions that were my idols... the feelings of defeat, despair, hopelessness and aloneness... These are all things we hang on to, that the world is responsible for delivering.

Just my thoughts the other morning, and digging deep so I can recognize all that God will reveal – recognize what I am holding onto materially as well.

In this week of removing the emotional hazards from my heart through changing how I think, I have encountered some interesting tests. God has done an amazing transformation in me, I now ‘get completely’ that I am His, I am favored and I am being changed. I believe that I cannot be sure something is removed, unless I have experienced it. This week I experienced a new emotion, one that has not surfaced through all the pain or disappointment. I have never wrestled with anger. A few days ago, I saw anger in me for the first time that rattled me. Not just anger, but ANGER. There was a moment of uncontrollable and unrelenting emotions. None like I had ever felt before. It was like every hurt, every pain and every hateful mutterings I ever heard flooded right into my heart and stabbed it over and over. It was true physical pain.

Lord, I thank You for showing me that anger is truly something to be given to You. When I "don't understand" or have "no empathy" for someone else dealing with an emotion that "takes over", let me be kind, loving and prayerful for them. Let me lift them greatly. Let it be an instant reflex to pray if I am ever the target of anger that deep. Let me seek You, forgive and lift them. In the mighty name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.

I am learning more every day, not only about me, but about seeing those around me. Live not in a constant state of making a determination of where others have been, based on what you see. Encourage them in their walk and get to know them, and love and encourage them even more. We cannot know what places God has taken them, or what He has revealed to them in full.

I find that I am the worst when it comes to “coming to conclusions” about where others are in their faith. I am learning that I cannot make that determination. But I can relate, communicate and encourage others in their faith without passing a judgment or concluding what they need, or where they have been.

What are our differences? Do they really matter?

More learning, as my head is spinning from this week of growth. It's ok to "agree to disagree" and move on. Don't fuss over things that everyone has differing opinions and conclusions on anyway. Respect the person and go on about your walk with the LORD. Be light shining. Now, with this said, I am talking about believer to believer.

Lord, thank You for Your word and directions to improve.

‎Be encouraged if you are encouraging others, it's not the number of friends you have, or “likes” you receive on Facebook, it's the number of eyes to see and ears to hear that GOD orchestrates that counts. We will not see all that is planted, sown and harvested around and about. (Hebrews 11:1, Isaiah 61:11)

Lord, thank You for all the “learning” I get to do daily. Thank You that I can change because of You in me. Thank You for opportunities daily to be drawn closer to You and Your purpose for my life. Simply, God, thank You.


© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me