Translate

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 806 of Giving Thanks

“Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you.” ~James 4:10  

The amazing timing of God and His lessons constantly blow me away. We all have things in our life that we want to change. It's when we allow God to do the changing that we will get want we want - as long as the change is His will, it will be done. There are times when pride takes over, the desire to be right and in the right seem so darn important, yet it’s in the moments when doing right is most important. Today, I pray that doing right is not effortless but dependent. It is when I start to believe that I am already humble that I need to be aware that humility is more in need. I am convinced that every day is a lesson in humility, and that every moment is a chance to be humbled God’s way.  

LORD, I know my heart can be greatly deceived and in that deceit become greatly convicted. Let me see how to set my heart, mind and soul on the ways of You Lord, Jesus. Let my heart be set on You, so all can be right in my heart. In Your name Jesus, and with the power of the Holy Spirit, this is my plea.

"Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."" John 14:6 (New International Version)


"If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." ~Romans 10:9 (New International Version)

Now that is security. 
“Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God - children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.” ~John 1:12-13 (New International Version)

He loves us so much, that He did the unthinkable so we can have eternity with Him.
“We love Him because He first loved us.” ~1 John 4:19 (New King James Versions)

All we have to "do" is choose Him, because He has done it all. 
“Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God - children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.” ~"John 1:12-13 (New International Version)

How can I not be humble? How can I not show His love intensely toward others at all times? With all He did for me, so that I can have an eternity of hope and more love than conceivably possible, knowing all this, should keep me grounded, right?

I am grateful that I can be re-grounded when needed, and it is truly my desire to be in His will and on path to become who He desires me to be. From my perspective, I see this (at times) as so much work, but you know, God’s got this too. I trust that He’s got me. 

There are more things to thank my heavenly Father about than I can even begin to share. Thank You Father for holding me so tightly, and giving me so much assurance and the deepest love possible. Thank You for allowing me many opportunities to see You in my days and in so many moments.


“But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, "God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble." ~James 4:6 

Philippians 2 reminds us to be more like Christ – how grateful I am that He humbled Himself for me, that He set the example for me, for us. Jesus, thank You, thank You for showing You so we can be like You.

“Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain. But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.” ~Philippians 2:14-18 (New International Version)





©  2012 Giving Thanks Daily and Equip His People, Ephesians 4:11-13, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809
*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me