Translate

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 564 of Giving Thanks

Breaking out of me and into Him in “me” is the goal, right? So why is it so hard to leave “me” behind, especially when the “me” I want to leave behind, can at times, be so harmful?

God is who defines me, because I accepted His marvelous gift. I know I need Him; at first I needed Him because I knew I could not earn a place before Him, it was His gift of covering my sin I needed. Today it is getting through my days in His strength! Today it is letting go of what I knew and holding on to what is true that I pray for so diligently. The Holy Spirit in me as I seek God more is what will give me clarity.

 When you hope, be joyful. When you suffer, be patient. When you pray, be faithful.” ~Romans 12:12 (NIVR)

God is teaching me to keep asking, but not always the same people. Sometimes asking for prayer is the best thing I can ask for and that is my request today.

I don't want to grieve anymore. I don't want to hide what breaks my heart. I don't want to keep hiding from God all the feelings of my soul - Holy Spirit hear me, define all of it and help me hand it all over.

“Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:3-4

My advice to someone today, was “It's OK to be real. To show the you hurt. This is how God will get the right people to you. If you are hurting, tell a friend. Call them and ask for help. And, if you are the one to receive the phone call from a hurting friend - be a friend. Love them, hear them out - and pray a lot.” I truly was talking to myself as well – I was on both ends of this today.

Father, we lift the hurting up to You for Your peace and presence in knowing they are not alone and that their strength is in You. I pray this prayer for me as well Lord. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Be strong (confident) and of good courage, for you shall cause this people to inherit the land which I swore to their fathers to give them.” ~Joshua 1:6

The Lord is my strength, shelter, power and all of my ability. I pray for an abundance of all these things today. I pray for wisdom according to His will and His word.

“Whoever lives under the shelter of the Most High will remain in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD. “You are my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust.” He is the one who will rescue you from hunters’ traps from deadly plagues. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge. His truth is your shield and armor. You do not need to fear terrors of the night, arrows that fly during the day, plagues that roam the dark, epidemics that strike at noon.” ~Psalm 91”1-6 (God’s Word Translation)

1 comment:

  1. wow...thank you...I wish i had more words to say other than wow!

    ReplyDelete

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me