Translate

Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 589 of Giving Thanks

It is not about me, yet it is all about me.

I live my life for Him, because He died for me. I love others, because He loved me first. I trust Him, because He is trustworthy. I pray in His name, because He brings my prayers to the Father in heaven. I live in hope, because He gave me a reason to be hopeful. I am alive, because He rose from the dead. I pray, because He answers every prayer.

“And I will do whatever you ask for in my name, so that the Father's glory will be shown through the Son. If you ask me for anything in my name, I will do it.” ~John 14:13-14 (Good News Translation)


Yes, I am living in gratitude every day for all those reasons. 

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight.” ~Proverbs 3:5-6 (New International Verion)

Today could have been another one of those days, where I dwelt in the wrong places and focused on the wrong things, because is seemed that all that I started today, is stalled and delayed, which hinders my ability to get my job done. I have to trust that these stalls and delays are in His plan. That the day went according to plan. That is a tough one, but I am getting better. I pray much. I pressed into Him and prayed several times during my day, once with my coworkers (which, that in itself is truly amazing). What an opportunity we have – to believe God. To hang on to His promises and truly believe that He has good stuff for us. That He has an amazing and wonderful and perfect plan for each and every one of us.

It is amazing to think that God loves me so much that every detail is important. He knows the plans He has for me, and I may not know any plans He has, but I can rest assure, that it is perfect for me in every way.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)

Every day I hear His voice telling me “stay the course, remember I am here, don’t be discouraged, My timing is perfect, you are changing Shawn – just stay with Me, let me lead”. Now is it that cut and dry? Yes, everyday as I read His Word, I am given a little more insight and clarity, and I am learning how to discern what is Him better. But this is only possible, when I seek Him, trust Him, love Him and believe Him.

The Day the Sky Will Collapse -"Don’t overlook the obvious here, friends. With God, one day is as good as a thousand years, a thousand years as a day. God isn't late with his promise as some measure lateness. He is restraining himself on account of you, holding back the End because he doesn't want anyone lost. He's giving everyone space and time to change.” ~2 Peter 3:9 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me