Translate

Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 565 of Giving Thanks

Third time is definitely the charm tonight. I ran through my mind to figure out what to write, then I would type, and literally pour my heart out… and I would hear that gentle nudge that I have come to know so well, “try again, Shawn”, and I would know that it was time to go back and begin again…

Then I heard, “A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.” ~Proverbs 15:1 (NIV)

The theme of my life is second chances – and there are so many second chances I have had in my life, so many that I wonder if I can actually know how many. Isn’t our God the God of “many chances”?

I am grateful that I have been blessed with amazing people in my life. Those who see me more worthy, than I see myself most of the time – this is a special thanks to those who love me and have poured so much into my life.

With every new chance, there is change. With every new chance, there is growth. With every new chance, there is hope. With every new chance, there is promise. With my life, there is purpose.  

I am thankful to those who have gently brought, or who are gently bringing me through so many changes. Today, it is my hope that I can bring honor to those I love and respect so much.

Thank you Father, for delivering Your light through so many. 

I am grateful that as I grow in faith, I am learning the true meaning of grace – learning to give myself second or many chances as well. He gives me grace, abundant grace, unending grace. Shouldn’t I be as gracious with myself as well?

“He said to me, “My grace is enough for you, because power is made perfect in weakness.” So I’ll gladly spend my time bragging about my weaknesses so that Christ’s power can rest on me.” ~2 Corinthians 12:9 (CEB)

“Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.” ~Romans 5:1-2 (KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me