Translate

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 563 of Giving Thanks

As I, again, readied myself for my day this morning I found so much comfort in coming to You Lord. Beginning my day and knowing that He’s got me, is an amazing comfort. As I, again, stepped out the door into the world, I settled into His company. Going through my day with Him near is just part of my daily routine.

Do you ever get caught up in the moments of despair, confusion, uncertainty or disappointment? You are not alone, and I pray you know that YOU ARE NOT ALONE. We have a mighty God who can cure our despair, confusion, uncertainty and disappointment. Trust Him to take charge, and You will see things in your life change.

“But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him." Jeremiah 17:7 (NIV)

I got in my car this morning, and felt that old feeling of anxiety and briefly forgot who I am. I was in a moment of the past; where the enemy spoke and I listened; it was only a moment. This morning I spoke back.

Greetings world, I know that I live here, but my heart is elsewhere. You try to pull me in and drag me down with busyness and common comforts and even the physical pain I feel, but KNOW this, I am a citizen of heaven and He draws me closer every day, and everything I need and desire resides with Him. 

Today, draw me nearer Lord, and let me sense Your presence greatly.

“So let God work his will in you. Yell a loud no to the Devil and watch him scamper. Say a quiet yes to God and he'll be there in no time. Quit dabbling in sin. Purify your inner life. Quit playing the field. Hit bottom, and cry your eyes out. The fun and games are over. Get serious, really serious. Get down on your knees before the Master; it's the only way you'll get on your feet.” ~James 4:7-10 (The Message)

As I am preparing myself daily, the Lord continues to prepare me for my purpose. I thought about this in depth while I was away from the daily routine. How much has God done in my life, all the things that I recognize and all the things I have yet to realize. I am grateful that through all of these experiences, all of life’s challenges and obstacles, as well as all the wonderful times, I can see God so clearly.

I am a creation of the master crafter, made marvelously and so are you. A creation with a great deal of complexity, detail and uniqueness forged in love by a perfect creator.

I am grateful that because I am His, He handles all the complex issues of my life... Simply, it is Him who sustains me.

Let me just say, that God is always here. It is an action to recognize this truth. When we realize this, life changes... Knowing that He loves me is “always enough” and knowing that I have Him to love is such an overwhelming awakening.

Overflowing with love, that is what God is. 
Overflowing with hope, that is what God is.
Overflowing with joy, that is what God is.

When I focus on love - His love and my love for others is what it is supposed to be. Can't you sense it? It is all around you. He is waiting for you to know that He is here, that He loves you greatly, that there is no greater truth than the love of a mighty God, wonderful creator, perfect savior, our heavenly Father.

The days truly go too fast Lord - and today I am overwhelmed with "things to do" and the “things to be” - so into Your arms I run at full speed, and all I ask is that time stand still while I bask in Your presence tonight. Let me give up the strong holds, the thoughts not of You and give me rest in before You tonight. Allow me moments of release of the physical challenges.

‎"Mighty armies alone cannot win wars for a king; great strength by itself cannot keep a soldier safe. In war the strength of a horse cannot be trusted to take you to safety. But the LORD watches over all who honor him and trust his kindness." ~Psalm 33:16-18 (CEV)

What I have come to know is what He has already known. My healing is forthcoming, and I am expectant through His promises. My heart melts at the amazing mercies I have experienced, and the grace I receive so freely. Father, with the uncertainty of so many things, I am grateful that I am at peace for this part of my journey. I am grateful I have You to lean on, to look to and fall in to. Today, I pray for, not only complete healing and restoration of my body, but also for the provision to follow through with what You have directed me to. I pray that I can believe and trust; and when I do not, I can lean in more and seek Your presence more.

Jeremiah 33:3 says "This is God's Message, the God who made earth, made it livable and lasting, known everywhere as God: 'Call to me and I will answer you. I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own." (The Message)

Mighty and wonderful God, I come to You so often, and every time I know You will be there. I pray for Your constant presence, which will provide me peace and hope. Today Abba, I am tired and in pain, and I cannot turn down the volume in my mind. So many thoughts of "what if" and "how wills" that I need to be overwhelmed with Your presence. As I call on You, I am greatly aware today that without You my life would be void of meaning. Thank You Father for Your grace daily and Your favor in every moment. Help me through this time Lord, give me strength to see the power I have within me through the Holy Spirit. Please hear my pleas, know what I need and give me wisdom as I call on You tonight and seek answers. In the precious blood of Jesus, I pray. Amen.

“But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him." Jeremiah 17:7 (NIV)

All of my strength is in Him. I will call on Him... I am certain that He will come mightily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me