Translate

Friday, June 17, 2011

June 17th, Day 578 of Giving Thanks by Tina Wetor

Although we suffer, we can comfort others in the midst of it.  As unrealistic as it may sound, it is completely possible.  Our faith doesn’t just produce godly character; it produces a harvest for others to feast upon.  As we dine together, our hearts can be uplifted, challenged, and united to keep the faith.  It’s one of the beautiful benefits of fellowship within the body of Christ.  As the day of the Lord’s appearing draws near, we need to keep daily encouraging each other. (Hebrews 3:13)

Tonight, I was able to share a beautiful moment with my sister, Tracy.  As sisters, we have shared our clothes, our dreams, and cried some tears.  Since I am the youngest, I have always admired my sister for her beauty, strength, and charisma.  Although these traits opened doors for her, she got to experience life first-hand.  She would share her failures, her lessons, and decisions with me.  Her motives were genuine; she wanted to protect me from failure.  Truly, I am grateful for her love.  Nevertheless, I didn’t always listen to my sister’s guidance for a strong reason; she didn’t know God until two years ago.  So, spiritually speaking, I am the mature one who has to teach her about the Word of God.  It’s a role reversal, one I am so glad to share.

Our father is battling cancer, so our hearts are joined together for his salvation and healing.  As we shared all of the possibilities, it was beautiful to share our faith in Christ.  It brought a peace, comfort, and hope in the midst of the suffering.  At the close of our visit, we prayed together for her personal health and relationship with God.  As I prayed with her, the presence of God entered the room with a sweet wind surrounding us.  Although our hearts are heavy, God’s presence was overwhelming.  It was a beautiful moment, I am so grateful to share with her.  

We don’t always understand the purpose of our trials or tests but God has compassion towards us.  He will comfort us in the midst of our suffering, so we experience a greater revelation of Him.  All of those revelations are precious but it should be shared.  When will it be shared?  Only God truly knows, He will bring the opportunities for He is the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort. (2 Corinthians 1:3)  If you are experiencing trouble, God will comfort you in ALL troubles. (2 Corinthians 1:4) We are to trust God with the outcome; He will bring it out for a good purpose.  


Tina can be found on Facebook as well her blog, Anointed Manna.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me