Translate

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 587 of Giving Thanks

Today is another day that I will have no problem at all falling to sleep. I am grateful for busy days around the house. We are preparing for a party next weekend, and the list of things has been long and the tasks have been arduous. And, despite the a day of hard labor, it was an exceptional day… lately I feel like days are only good, after all, great days are a choice...

Today, I choose to live my days well and on purpose, and what I have discovered, is that when I live on purpose things are better. I am eternally grateful for the eternal life I now have, and for the opportunity to spend eternity with my Father in heaven...

It is because of my relationship with Him that I have so much hope. And, only that hope can make me this grateful and ready to live life expectantly and looking forward to every day He gives me. It is because of my daily conversations with my Father in heaven that I receive all I need to live out every moment of every day.

I am so grateful for the power of prayer. It is only a mystery to us, but my friends, know this, God knows exactly what everything entails, produces and fosters, so let Him help you, guide you and be with you through your journey. Join Him daily in prayer. Let us remember to praise Him during our good and bad moments and circumstances. Let us remember to pray even when, and especially when we feel hopeful and confident. We must pray, praise and seek Him always... my friends, we must not be complacent with comfort and good fortune, or dwell in the dark places. Be in His presence as often as possible for restored hope, clarity and wisdom.

















"Keep alert and pray. Otherwise temptation will overpower you. For though the spirit is willing enough, the body is weak!" ~Matthew 26:41 (NLT)
"Be prepared. You're up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it's all over but the shouting you'll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You'll need them throughout your life. God's Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other's spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out." ~Ephesians 6:13-18 (The Message)

2 comments:

  1. Great post Shawn. I need these reminders to keep my vision clear and know that God has his plan for my life at the forefront. I am here on purpose, as we all are! I find when I am praising during the storms, I am secure in His love for me. I can feel Him pressing into me, being my comforter and the restorer of all things good! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Darlene... started your book today... excited to read it... just the reviews were amazing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me