Translate

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 580 of Giving Thanks

I sit here wrapped in the warmth of a blanket on our deck tonight after yet another day of getting things done around the house. It has been a completely fulfilling and productive day. We are ending it with the quiet of the night.  My life truly is a journey of great moments and events, even amidst times that would normally feel daunting. I feel amazingly blessed to have the sense of purpose in my life – and today I know it is a great purpose that keeps me going, even though I may not know how it will all turn out, I still know that the purpose is worthwhile.

”It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone.” ~Ephesians 1:12 (The Message)

There are many things that I am grateful for today. The one that stands out every day is the fact that I have never-ending love extended through never-ending grace from a mighty and perfect God, who also happens to be my heavenly Father.

So every day I am wrapped in the warmth of my Father and it is a good thing I am. As I said the things that were daunting before or minor adjustments today, and only because I have support and strength for getting through this amazing life as I look forward to the next one.

“But there's far more to life for us. We're citizens of high heaven! We're waiting the arrival of the Savior, the Master, Jesus Christ, who will transform our earthy bodies into glorious bodies like his own. He'll make us beautiful and whole with the same powerful skill by which he is putting everything as it should be, under and around him.” ~Philippians 3:20-21 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me