Translate

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 569 of Giving Thanks

I am grateful for the times when “getting quiet” come easily, and I am as grateful, if not more grateful for the times when it does not. For it is those times that the effort to be still and “get quiet” bring forth a beautiful time with my Lord. This morning, in the silence of an empty house, it was one of the easy times. In my moments this morning, I relayed to Him…

“Thank You for a restful night. Thank You that You will be with me today, all day - in every task, every moment. Let me be mindful of those around me. May I remember to pray, instead of getting frustrated or angry. May I honor You through my walk to day.”

Today was a good day. My evening was spent running errands, store to store, and finally I was home - ready to be overwhelmed with the Lord and to be still and quiet.

There is so much noise today, and “getting quiet” has been an enormous challenge and I so look forward to shutting the light, and in the quiet before I go to sleep, I will “get quiet”. As I sit here, there is a playoff basketball game going on downstairs and I can hear cheering, bullhorns, buzzers and the announcer, yet I have no idea what is going on… Isn’t our life just like that at times?

We have all this “noise” going on around us, so much so, that we cannot focus on any one thing, not to mention the right thing, and “getting quiet” is nearly impossible; nearly, I said. Nearly, just about, almost, not quite… the possibility is to exchange the noise from chaos to calm - worship music or some kind of instrumental - and sink in and seek Him. Perfect!

When I find myself in “noise” and unable to “get quiet”; the solution is grabbing my iPod and plugging in to something that will soothe my heart, redirect my mind and lift my soul?

In my new quiet, I make the noise that pleases the Lord. I talk to Him, I bring my concerns to Him, I praise Him for all of my moments, I thank Him, I pray for others and all the while, I inquire about my future and ask for direction and clarity.

Tonight, Lord, as I embark on some new territory of the mind, changing my thoughts, improving my imagination about the desires of my heart, as I implore the Holy Spirit to bring all of this coherently to my heavenly Father, I am again, encouraged.

“O SING to the Lord a new song, for He has done marvelous things; His right hand and His holy arm have wrought salvation for Him.The Lord has made known His salvation; His righteousness has He openly shown in the sight of the nations.He has [earnestly] remembered His mercy and loving-kindness, His truth and His faithfulness toward the house of Israel; all the ends of the earth have witnessed the salvation of our God.Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth; break forth and sing for joy, yes, sing praises!Sing praises to the Lord with the lyre, with the lyre and the voice of melody.With trumpets and the sound of the horn make a joyful noise before the King, the Lord!Let the sea roar, and all that fills it, the world, and those who dwell in it!Let the rivers clap their hands; together let the hills sing for joyBefore the Lord, for He is coming to judge [and rule] the earth; with righteousness will He judge [and rule] the world, and the peoples with equity.” ~Psalm 98 (Amplified Bible)
 
After “getting quiet”, this time and every time, I am always reminded of all the promises of the Lord. I am so thankful for the desire to “get quiet”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me