Translate

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 567 of Giving Thanks

I could call today’s post, Receiving Grace Daily because that is what has been resonating with me quite a bit. And, my pastor picked it up this morning during his lesson. My thought right before the lesson began, was “Forgive me Lord for not believing at every moment that You have a great purpose for me; for not believing every moment that as your child You will never direct me where I would ever be alone”. With that thought and with His truth, how can I ever fail?

A great question to ponder is, “What makes grace so amazing”?

Grace is God's love for the unlovable.
Grace is God's power on behalf of the powerless.
Grace is God's Kindness toward the undeserving.

I have to understand this completely to accomplish the amazing things that God has for me, not only to do, but to experience. So, understanding grace, from God’s perspective for me is where I am heading.

“But nothing, not even my life, is more important than my completing my mission. This is nothing other than the ministry I received from the Lord Jesus: to testify about the good news of God’s grace.” Acts 20:24 (CEB)

I was more lost than I ever dared to believe.
But, I am more loved than I ever dared to believe.

I am grateful that God made me alive, together with Jesus! God makes me alive! He wakes me up, He chose me. And, I have never been alone, and I will never be without Him.

"We all live off his generous bounty, gift after gift after gift. We got the basics from Moses, and then this exuberant giving and receiving, This endless knowing and understanding—all this came through Jesus, the Messiah. No one has ever seen God, not so much as a glimpse. This one-of-a-kind God-Expression, who exists at the very heart of the Father, has made him plain as day." ~John 1:16-18 (The Message) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me