Translate

Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 575 of Giving Thanks

“Today, I listen more”, is how my thought pattern began today. I started my day on time and spent some time trying to read the bible with some difficulty, so ended up listening to the word, but there was so much noise.

And through the morning, I realized it was going to be a very quiet day externally anyway, while on the inside, my mind was reeling. I had to stop several times and ask God for rest as some of the thoughts would not shut off. And quite honestly, it wasn’t anything but random and non essential tidbits, yet, I was consumed.

“The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.” ~Exodus 14:14 (NIV)

As I stand firm Lord, move me greatly.

This thought came to me as I was holding strong on a stance earlier today... and in process of that stance, may my heart be mightily moved if necessary for my faith to stand rightly.

Some of the things that have rushed through my mind today were the reassurances that God has shared with me so greatly and will share with you.

“You are wonderfully made. And, your creator is a mighty and powerful God who loves you greatly. So much so that He has a plan, not only to make sure you have a great purpose here, but that you can spend eternity with Him. Do you know your creator? Have you asked Him into your life?”

O'Lord, let me hear You through the noise today. It is quiet where I sit, but the noise of my mind is too much, and I know Your grace is more than enough to take it on. Thank You for giving me the desire to quiet my mind... "Be still", You says so often.

“The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.” ~ Numbers 6:24-30 (NIV)

This is what I know about my creator, no matter what the struggle, whether it is pain, heartbreak or just quieting my mind, He is there to take it on for me or with me, whatever my need.  So I am reassured with His words again, “The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.” ~ Exodus 14:14 (NIV)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me