Translate

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 571 of Giving Thanks Daily

I have become accustomed to my walks and my extra time with God. Tonight I was unable to walk, and felt a bit like I had missed out today, especially with my alone and precious time with my heavenly Father.  Yesterday, as I was on my walk, I saw this on a bumper sticker... "Honor the past. Live in the present. Prepare for the future." That is truly how I intend to live my life.

I will honor my past by taking allowing God to use it all, good and bad for the good of His kingdom and my growth into who He designed me to be. I will live in the present… truly live with Joy and hope. I will allow God to do everything to prepare me for His purposes.

I am here to tell you that you will make it through if you trust God to take the lead. Step out of His way, so you can step into the life He has for you.

I prayed for years that God would bring a dream I had to fruition; and in, what seemed like an instant, the possibility of that dream was gone - poof... But, He did answer the prayer for "MY OWN GOOD". My desire, turns out, was not the best for me, but His answer is - hands down, every time, in every way.

I am learning that I have to be open to hear, see and sense what He has for me, and not be short sighted. I have to be consistent with my prayers.  I have to continue to realize that I can go to Him with everything.  I have to continue to realize that He answers my prayers every time. I have to continue to realize that living for Him will bring to life, the life He has for me.

“Though I walk through the midst of trouble, you preserve my life. You stretch your hands against the anger of my foes with your right hand, you save me. The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever…” ~ Psalm 138:7-8

As I was finishing my walk last night, and bring many prayers and thoughts to the Lord, I was comforted in knowing how great my life is, not that it is “a wonderful life”, it is a great life full of anticipation and expectation, because He pours so much in me. Pour into me Lord. Fill me with hope, joy and the sweetness of Your grace, until I overflow with Your mercy and favor. Help me see that this is what you do, whether I ask or not. Help me recognize this is what You do for me. Help me stay on the right path; help me to remember that it is Your love Lord that will bring me through everything.

“Go in through the narrow gate. The gate that leads to destruction is broad and the road wide, so many people enter through it. But the gate that leads to life is narrow and the road difficult, so few people find it.” ~Matthew 7:13-14 (Common English Bible)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me