Translate

Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 568 of Giving Thanks

Despite a very long day, I am not tired; not like the “normal tired” I usually experience. A typical Monday, cram packed with plenty to do. I told my husband today through an email, that I need a new title at work, Champion of Interruptions and Unexpected Tasks. An hour into my workday, I was already divvying up the tasks through the week. I can bet more will come tomorrow. I almost feel normal. Yet, I started my day at 7am; read and prayed; spent a little time writing, worked a full day, my weekly doctor visit and massage therapy tonight. When I got home, I took my walk, which tonight, as I walked, I read, listened to worship music, prayed and thought about many things.

Thought is an amazing gift. Thought can change everything. I definitely have a lot to think about, but that is not what I mean. I am greatly aware that my thoughts are transmitted to God, through the power of the Holy Spirit, often times, my thoughts are deciphered and delivered. It is an amazing thing to think about, actually.

My life’s experiences and all my circumstances are leading to where God wants me… the overwhelming theme is the power of thought – what I think about (focus on God) is what I will get (a life with God that God sanctions).

Through His word and His promises, I hear...
“Take my hand. I promise to lead protect and deliver you safely. You will be continually blessed. Trust me.”
~Your Mighty God


For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.“You have searched me, LORD, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, LORD, know it completely. You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.” ~ Psalm 139:1-10 (NIV)
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.”  ~Psalm 32:8
“If you say, “The LORD is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling, no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent.” ~Psalm 91:9-10
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me.” ~John 14:1
Blessed are those who dwell in your house;  they are ever praising you.” ~Psalm 84:4
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” ~Proverbs 3:5-6

I am so encouraged. I may fail, but I am NOT a failure. I may have losses, BUT I am not a loser. I am the daughter of a King and the benefits and inheritance is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me