Translate

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 590 of Giving Thanks

There are days when I wish I pre-wrote posts for the blogs... and then, these are the same days that the Lord gives me the greatest blessings with what comes out. As I prayed for, and requested prayer for inspiration tonight, I found my quiet place in our house, and I sank into being still. I find that when my mind has been dealing with too many ‘things’ during the day, and I have not gone to Him often enough, or in today’s case, only a couple of times, writing becomes work, rather than a gift I receive.

Tonight I stopped to thank Him for all He has done in my life. All I have to do is look around me to see what He gives so freely. All His gifts for are treasures.

Before I knew God, I thought I knew so much, needed so much and sacrificed so much. I am grateful for the awareness of needing Him in my life and knowing that I have so much to learn, I have all that I need and He is who sacrificed for me.

Before I knew God, I dwelled on where I came from, I was dependent on no one and my heart ached for wholeness. I am grateful for where I am going, depending on Him and my heart is filled with joy and hope beyond measure.

Before I knew God, I dismissed His greatness, shut the door to who I am and claimed the world’s ways. I am grateful that I desire His presence constantly, that He has opened my eyes and shed light in my life and I am a citizen of heaven.

“The Lord isn’t slow to do what he promised, as some people think. Rather, he is patient for your sake. He doesn’t want to destroy anyone but wants all people to have an opportunity to turn to him and change the way they think and act.” ~2 Peter 3:9 (GODS WORD Translation)

This was one of the verses from yesterday, but it is still marinating and resonating through my heart tonight. How amazing Your love Lord, how amazing Your journey for me. How beautiful Your words. How miraculous is my life now. How thankful I am.

There was a time when I shut God completely out of my life, I told people, “He is not my God. He has done nothing for me”, yet, He watched over me, guided me, sent His messengers, and all along, He loved me and continued to pursue me. And, in the time when I called to Him, there was no trauma or hardship in the present. But it was upon reflection of where I came from - through the challenges, the obstacles, hardships and pain, as the waters rose and took my breath away I saw Him all along the way. Although at the time, I was unaware, dismissive and worldly. As I reflected on my life, at that time, I became very aware that He was with me all along. The heartfelt adoration for a God who has never forgot me or did not leave me for dead. Now I live and realize every day, if there was no pain or sorrow and our existence was perfect, there would be no purpose, learning or gratification... and in the flesh, there is no need for God. It was through all my circumstances that brought me running to His presence, and accepting His gift.

"This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn't go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again. Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted; anyone who refuses to trust him has long since been under the death sentence without knowing it. And why? Because of that person's failure to believe in the one-of-a-kind Son of God when introduced to him.” ~John 3:16-18 (The Message)

It is amazing to think that God loves me so much that every detail is important. He knows the plans He has for me, and I may not know any plans He has, but I can rest assure, that it is perfect for me in every way. And I have all this, because I spoke a few words and believed.

Because if you confess with your mouth “Jesus is Lord” and in your heart you have faith that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  Trusting with the heart leads to righteousness, and confessing with the mouth leads to salvation. The scripture says, All who have faith in him won’t be put to shame.  There is no distinction between Jew and Greek, because the same Lord is Lord of all, who gives richly to all who call on him.  All who call on the Lord’s name will be saved.” ~Romans 10:9-13 (Common English Bible)

Lord, thank You for this gift of quiet and time with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me