Translate

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 576 of Giving Thanks

We have an amazing God, one who orchestrates through the things that seem so messy to us. There are things in my life that are immaculate, tidy and perfectly in order. Although I can at times, feel very scattered, chaotic and quite messy lately.

I am in information overload. I need His discerning word with all the information I am collecting from various articles. I have asked Him to help me know what is real & trustworthy. To help me rely on him more and more and to know that this is nothing; nothing that He hasn’t already thought of; nothing He will not handle; nothing more than another opportunity to come to Him; nothing more than a way to know that He is right here with me in this fight.

There was a time in my life when I “needed” to know everything; and today, even with all the information I am consuming, my hope is to glean what I need to accomplish the physical restoration I want and desire. Shaking out what I do not need, and hanging onto all the good and great pieces and nuggets of the information. That is what I want from this harvest.

For the last week, all this stuff has been filling my mind, taking up space and not allowing me to eliminate anything. Getting quiet has been the command.

I truly need more quiet, more silence that only my God can fill. A silence that is comforting and perfect for the moments that seem too full of thoughts. Father, remove the noise. Again too many moments not in quiet and I am craving the silence that brings Your voice deep into my heart.
"The Lord is fighting for you! So be still!” ~Exodus 14:13-15 (God’s Word Translation)
My life in Christ has meaning BEYOND measure, and I pray that you too can know our mighty God. I pray that you will see that He has plans for you and is here for every step of the way. Step into Him and get out of His way.

”When I tried to obey the law’s standards, those laws killed me. As a result, I live in a relationship with God. I have been crucified with Christ. 20I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live I live by believing in God’s Son, who loved me and took the punishment for my sins.” ~Galatians 2:19-20 (GOD’S WORD Translation)

Finally, early this afternoon, there was quiet in my heart.

Thank You Jesus, for filling me with Your comforts.

And, now I come to You Lord in the power of the Holy Spirit, and once again ask for Your discerning answers for ‘what path’, ‘what changes’ and ‘what next’…

Today I am thankful that He can make all my messes into something usable and worthwhile, look at what He has done with me. Today I am thankful that all the areas to be ‘fixed’ and ‘adapted’ are exposed and He lovingly orchestrates all things into perfect order. 
“You make the path of life known to me. Complete joy is in your presence. Pleasures are by your side forever.” ~ Psalm 16:11 (GOD’S WORD Translation)

1 comment:

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me