Translate

Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 572 of Giving Thanks

‎...and heal, He does.

I am expectant of complete healing. My day did not really begin until around noon today; there are times when being still is necessary – and today was one of those times. I am grateful that I was able to stay home today, get some rest and recover from the last few days.

“He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”” Psalm 46:10 (NIV)

With all this time on my hands today, I have struggled to write; and my thought is that I have already received the word for today. That even when I seem to have all this time to do things, I really only have one thing that is important and that is to connect with God - to listen for His word for my life.

It is always to be still. 

“Be still”, He says, over and over, as my life moves quickly and often times, in a manner that is overwhelming to my senses.
As I close my eyes and settle my mind, I begin to quiet my heart and mind – as I hear the noise around me start to dwindle and become part of the background, I know it is close. It is close to the time when I can “be still” and listen for His voice.
“Be still”, repeats like an echo, as my mind tries desperately to hang onto the distractions of my mind and come into view.
As I hear the pleas in my mind to turn off the tasks and responsibilities that swirl through my thoughts, I hear “it’s ok, I am here”.
“Be still”, takes hold and I am in His presence once again. As I hear the silence, all the worries of the week, dissipate; the concerns for tomorrow wait on the sidelines… and in the still of my mind, under the power of the Holy Spirit, His presence overwhelms; like a flood of water through my fingers; wonderful to know, yet, unable to capture and store for later.
“Be still”, flows through my mind and tonight I leave the details to my God in heaven. 

I am expectant… wonderfully and perfectly expectant of my God to move and capture me wholly.

“In the morning (ALL DAY), LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning (IN THE EVENING) I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.” ~Psalm 5:3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me