Translate

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 577 of Giving Thanks

Tonight would have been one of the times I could have said, “I can miss tonight. I have worked so hard all day and I just ran out of time and steam.” But then I would have an uneasiness in my heart for not writing and not following through with what I believe God assigned for me. I write because I was given this amazing gift from God. The ability to put down in words what I am thankful for. In fact, there have been many times when I just want to be disobedient on many levels – my flesh says “you can stop, you’ve done enough”, “go ahead get angry, bitter or disgruntled”, “eat that burger, it’s ok, you deserve it” or whatever the “thing” is. But Giving Thanks Daily is something that does my heart good to do, and it is an obedience that I have come accustomed to.

Tonight, I am grateful that as I fall to sleep, I can be sure that all the exhaustion will ease into rest, the busyness will disappear and I will shut down, and the Holy Spirit will take over. Thankfully, I am aware of this, and I depend on His discerning power to handle what needs to go to God, and what needs to be worked out in my heart and mind. 

Tonight, In my tiredness and busyness, I come to You Lord for strength and encouragement. Through all my tests and my triumphs, I praise You and thank You for Your presence and Your hand upon my life.

Lord, there are so many things to do and we trust that You will help us accomplish all that we have taken on. We pray that we can be an inspiration to others, even when and especially when we are tapped out ourselves. Father we pray for strength and encouragement as we prepare for the rest of the week. We ask that we can give all our busyness to You as we rest, we pray that all will be deciphered and our needs translated through the power of the Holy Spirit. We pray for all the things we know and all the things that are to come - prepare us, protect us. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

I trust You Lord. 

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me