Translate

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 384 of Giving Thanks

I am making a list, checking it twice, maybe trice, but it’s not my “wish list”, and it is not checking to see who is naughty or nice. It is a list of things I am thankful for, and ways that I can share the gifts that have been, so graciously given to me.  

Writing about my life, as “penned” here is the greatest gift I have received since I was “born again”. For it is here that my life is revealed – through reflection, daily and sometimes moment-to-moment gratitude, trust in the truth, lessons learned, successes and victories, fulfillment of my greatest needs and my heart’s desires, loss and pain, intercessory prayer and petition, and being still and waiting.

As I sat this morning listening to the most amazing music, I was enveloped. It was as though it submerged right into my soul. I was instantly still, full of gratitude and hope for healing; however I wasn’t quite sure for whose healing or what healing had or would occur. Music, for me, is medicinal.  As it reaches my ears, it dwells deep within me – I am grateful that the appreciation of music started early, my desire to hear it and feel it is so much a part of me and how I worship.

My day started with prayer for a friend, and through the day, I was privileged to pray for several others throughout the day. Late this afternoon, “the who” the healing was for was revealed!

“Then Jesus said to him, ‘Get up! Pick up your mat and walk.’ At once the man was cured; he picked up his mat and walked.” ~John 5:8-9

Lord, thank You for allowing me to be the hands, heart and tears of prayer for others today – thank You for taking my back pain away and making it feel like it was never there.

“Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to me; therefore he will rise up to show me compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!” ~Isaiah 30:18

I am grateful that I have learned to press in, be still and wait on God. His timing is so perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me